The Kitano New York
Why We Love It
- Japanese-owned hotel offers formal, upscale amenities and service
- Asian-style suite features tea ceremony room and paper screen walls
- Live jazz at the lounge Monday-Saturday nights and at Sunday brunch
- Limo service and passes to a nearby gym are included in room rates
"Could not have a better location for business or leisure travelers" -- Travel + Leisure
Rooms & Rates
Despite occupying prime real estate just four blocks from Grand Central Station, the Japanese-owned Kitano New York presents a Zen-like atmosphere. Public spaces are sleek and modern with wood paneling and marble floors. A dog sculpted by Colombian artist Fernando Botero stands guard in the lobby and is believed to bring good fortune to all who rub its tongue. Guests can expect discreet, formal service from the staff, most of Japanese origin, at this elegant hotel.
Accommodations offer the choice of Americanized rooms or an Asian-style suite with a tea ceremony room, shoji paper screens and tatami mats on the floors. All rooms are outfitted with luxurious details like custom-designed mahogany furnishings, pillow-top mattress and marble bathrooms. Soundproof windows and a muted palette of beige and gold keep the spaces calm and quiet. Groups and families can spread out in traditional suites with private bedrooms, sofa beds in living areas and Jacuzzi tubs.
At Hakubai guests can sample Kaiseki, an ancient cuisine rooted in Zen Buddhism. The Jazz serves American and Japanese menu options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each evening Monday-Saturday, visitors and locals alike stop in for live music and on Sundays, the restaurant hosts a rowdy jazz brunch. While there is no fitness center on the property, guests receive complimentary access to the New York Sports Club on Madison Avenue and 36th Street.
Once owned by the Rockefeller family, the historic property is perfectly located to accommodate both business and leisure travelers. From its Park Avenue address in Manhattan’s Murray Hill neighborhood, visitors are half a block from the Morgan Library and no more than a 10-minute walk from the Empire State Building and Times Square. Fourteen subway lines stop within four blocks of the property and a free car service shuttles guests to Wall Street, making the rest of the city easily accessible.
- "You’ll have the feeling of having left the US when you bunk here" -- Frommer’s
- "Imports much of its sensibility from Japan, with touches that include a bilingual concierge and a high-concept Japanese restaurant - it also makes for a notably service-oriented stay" -- Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 33.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.