The Mutiny Hotel
Why We Love It
- In Coconut Grove, the lush, village-like off-shoot of downtown Miami
- Select a one- or two-bedroom suite; all have a kitchen and balcony
- Across the street from a bayside park and marina that face Biscayne Bay
- The hotel opened in 1969, and was a “glorious and notorious” (Miami New Times) party pad for disco-age stars like Cher and Jackie O.
“Pleasant, helpful staff”” -- U.S. News & World Report
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A contrast to the touristy flash of South Beach, Coconut Grove is Miami’s low-key, village-like escape. Across the street from pretty, sailboat-flocked Biscayne Bay, The Mutiny hotel roosts quietly in this neighborhood full of locals and a rich, unique history.
Rooms here are particularly capacious; they feel more like private apartments. The smallest option is a one-bedroom suite, which has a sleeper sofa in its separate living room and a kitchen with granite countertops and all appliances. Upgraded options have private balconies with views of the bay or the grove.
Down on the street, Coconut Grove is a small-scale, walkable neighborhood. It started centuries ago as a fishing village and today is lush with small roads bordered by palms, and pedestrian shopping centers like CocoWalk, which is about two blocks away. Before its current incarnation as a casual, family-friendly hotel, The Mutiny was a glitterati hot spot. When the original building went up in 1969, it became a stopover throughout the ‘70s for celebrities like Cher and the Kennedys, as well as spies and trading barons from South America.
- “Where The Mutiny Hotel really earns its stripes is in its pleasant, accommodating staff” -- U.S. News & World Report
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 25.
Minimum age required to check in: 25.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request, free of charge for children under 3. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: Service animals with proper paperwork are allowed on request and will not incur a cleaning fee. Animals without paperwork will be charged a $250 cleaning fee on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.