Why We Love It
- Romantic boutique hotel in the Old Town, close to the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal
- Within a 10-minute walk of the Quai Jacques-Cartier and the Eaton Center shops
- Sip white sangria at the popular rooftop terrace in summer
- Rooms are large and over half are suites, with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs
"A state-of-the-art hotel" -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Named after the Quebec poet Émile Nelligan, the Hotel Nelligan is an romantic property with an Old Town location, a rooftop terrace and bathrooms "big enough to park your car," raves Fodor's. The hotel is spread across two 19th-century buildings on a cobbled street by the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal and is within easy walking distance of the Quai Jacques-Cartier and the Eaton Center shopping mall on Sainte-Catherine Street.
For an intimate property, this hotel has a surprising number of dining options: popular Verses offers market-fresh French dishes in a bright dining room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a glass-walled wine cellar, while Méchant Boeuf -- a relaxed brasserie with a pub-inspired bar -- serves high-end beef and cocktails until midnight. In the summer, follow the locals to the Terrasse Nelligan and sip a signature white sangria on the rooftop deck. As is common with boutique pads, there’s no in-house pool or spa but massages are available, and there’s a small 24-hour gym.
The large rooms have exposed brick walls, carpeted floors and chunky furniture. Over half of the lodgings are suites, and each comes with an electric fireplace, Jacuzzi bath tub and separate walk-in shower. The two penthouses have full kitchens, wooden flooring and a large terrace overlooking the Saint Lawrence River.
Make the most of a trip to Montreal with deals for area attractions and entertainment.
- "The staff performs its duties admirably" -- Frommer's
- "A state-of-the-art hotel" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge. Extra bed available on request and in the King Superior and Suites only: CA$35 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.