$187-$228 – NYC: 4-Star Midtown Hotel, 40% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Explore the best of New York City while staying at an iconic hotel with a guest roster that has included Marilyn Monroe, Joe DiMaggio and Frank Sinatra. The Lexington Hotel is offering Travelzoo members 40% savings on stays through summer that include holiday weekends.
- $187-$228 per night ... most Fridays-Mondays, June 1 - Sept. 1
- Bonus: January-February, 2019 rates are $174 per night
- Waived resort fee (reg. US$25 plus tax per night)
- US$25 drink voucher for the Stayton Room bar (one per stay)
- Upgrade to a Deluxe King room for +$27 per night
What You Need to Know
- Note: 2-night minimum length of stay on Saturdays
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Children ages 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later if needed
- Valet parking is US$65-$75 per night (no in-and-out privileges)
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply (US$150 plus tax cleaning fee per stay, maximum two pets per room)
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Completed a $46-million renovation that dressed up standard rooms with a bit of Jazz Age flourish
- Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio lived in a penthouse here during their marriage
- Within five blocks of Grand Central Terminal and Rockefeller Center
- Presidents and pop stars are counted among its guests
During New York City's Jazz Age, one architecture firm built several landmark hotels in the city, including the Waldorf Astoria, the Sherry-Netherland and the Lexington. While the Lexington's roots extend back to the 1920s, a $46-million renovation in 2013 buffed and polished the hotel to a new sheen. It still nods to its history, with guest rooms that have jewel-toned satin upholstery, angular deco patterns and photos of famous buildings. Cozy rooms are snug, while upgraded rooms are generally about 30% larger.
The hotel has a glitzy, sexy history. A Playboy Club previously inhabited a ground floor space, which is now a popular Latin nightclub. Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio lived in one of the penthouse suites during their brief marriage. Contemporary celebrity guests include Bill Clinton, Patti LaBelle and Jennifer Lopez.
In Midtown East, the hotel is close to several landmarks. Head three blocks east to reach the marble monolith of the United Nations, which neighbors a charming, old-English style apartment complex called Tudor City. About five blocks south is Grand Central Terminal, which has several major subway lines. And three blocks west are Rockefeller Center and Fifth Avenue shopping.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
Room amenities Coffee and refrigerator available upon request.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available on request in the Deluxe King rooms only: 25 USD (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$30 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bed available on request in the Deluxe King rooms only: 25 USD (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets (maximum 2 per room) are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundable fee of $150 (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Valet service fee: US$65 plus tax per day. In and out privileges are not included.
Valet service fee for oversized vehicle: US$75 per day.
In and out privileges are not included.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$187 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(31 Member Ratings)