$170-$222 – NYC 4-Star Boutique Hotel over Winter Holidays
After exploring Central Park and Rockefeller Center, both just steps from your hotel, stretch out and unwind in an ultra-plush king-size bed. The Lexington Hotel is offering Travelzoo members exclusive savings on stays through February, including the holiday season.
- What's included:
- Stay in an upgraded King Room
- $170-$196 per night ... January-February
- $222 per night ... Nov. 18-25; Dec. 16-25
- $248 per night ... Thursday-Sunday in August
- Other dates through November also on sale
- Two-night minimum length of stay on Saturdays
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- Extra bed available on request ($33 per night before tax)
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a destination fee of $33 ($38 including tax) per night; the fee covers enhanced Wi-Fi, unlimited filtered sparking and still water, two Citi bike passes per day, a US$20 beverage credit per day and a US$30 laundry/valet credit per day
- Valet parking is $85 per night (no in-and-out privileges)
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply ($197 cleaning fee per stay)
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Save up to 50% with these deals on off-Broadway shows -- including Orchestra seats and weekend performances (all prices will be displayed in U.S. dollars).
Why We Love It
- Completed a $46-million renovation that dressed up standard rooms with a bit of Jazz Age flourish
- Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio lived in a penthouse here during their marriage
- Within five blocks of Grand Central Terminal and Rockefeller Center
- Presidents and pop stars are counted among its guests
During New York City's Jazz Age, one architecture firm built several landmark hotels in the city, including the Waldorf Astoria, the Sherry-Netherland and the Lexington. While the Lexington's roots extend back to the 1920s, a $46-million renovation in 2013 buffed and polished the hotel to a new sheen. It still nods to its history, with guest rooms that have jewel-toned satin upholstery, angular deco patterns and photos of famous buildings. Cozy rooms are snug, while upgraded rooms are generally about 30% larger.
The hotel has a glitzy, sexy history. A Playboy Club previously inhabited a ground floor space, which is now a popular Latin nightclub. Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio lived in one of the penthouse suites during their brief marriage. Contemporary celebrity guests include Bill Clinton, Patti LaBelle and Jennifer Lopez.
In Midtown East, the hotel is close to several landmarks. Head three blocks east to reach the marble monolith of the United Nations, which neighbors a charming, old-English style apartment complex called Tudor City. About five blocks south is Grand Central Terminal, which has several major subway lines. And three blocks west are Rockefeller Center and Fifth Avenue shopping.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
Room amenities Coffee and refrigerator available upon request.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available on request, and in the Deluxe King rooms only: $25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available on request, and in the Deluxe King rooms only: $25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets (maximum 2 per room) are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundable fee of $150 (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Fees: A Destination Fee of 28.69 USD inclusive of tax, per night will be charged upon check-in.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel offers Valet parking of $65.00 (subject to tax) per day for standard size vehicles and $75.00 (subject to tax) per day for oversize vehicles. In and out privileges are not included. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change at the discretion of the property.
$170 / night
When You Can Go
Options through February
Getting ThereThe hotel is about 20 minutes west of LaGuardia airport in good traffic. It's about 40 minutes northwest of JFK airport in good traffic. The hotel is about six blocks from a subway station where the "E" train runs to the AirTrain that connects to JFK airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.