$169 – Top-Rated Madison Hotel w/Parking & Breakfast
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
The stately Edgewater Hotel is the Best Hotel in Madison and one of the Top Hotels in the Midwest (Conde Nast Traveler) — and since this deal includes parking and breakfast, it also makes a great destination for a Wisconsin lakefront road trip that saves up to 50%.
"One of the Top Hotels in the Midwest" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- $169 per night ... check in most dates through April 30
- Stay in an Edgewater King room
- Complimentary daily self-parking (reg. $24 per day)
- Daily breakfast for two in The Statehouse restaurant (reg. $46 per day)
- Save even more with an upgraded Lakeview Terrace King room — for an extra +$39 per night (reg. +$79), guests receive a room with lake views and a private balcony
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; additional rooms available at higher rates
- Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $27 per night (tax inclusive); the fee covers Wi-Fi, shuttle service, fitness club access to the spa steam room and relaxation pool, airport transportation and more
- Select rooms are pet friendly (see "Policies"); additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Edgewater is the only AAA 4-Diamond hotel in Madison
- Sits on the banks of Lake Mendota; Lakeview rooms get great sunset views
- Close to shops and restaurants on State Street, the Capitol building and the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Tons of fall and winter events including shuttles to Badgers football games and ice-skating on the hotel's private rink
When Elvis Presley, Sammy Davis Jr. and even the Dalai Lama visited Madison, they stayed at The Edgewater. This landmark hotel, first opened in the 1940s, does everything possible to showcase its prime spot on the banks of Lake Mendota. While the history is illustrious, The Edgewater feels quite new. A renovation and expansion in 2014 revived the original Langdon Building, added a sleek new tower and tons of other amenities.
Rooms feature walk-in rainfall showers from Kohler and refrigerators from Sub-Zero (both Wisconsin-based companies), 47-inch flat-panel TVs, refrigerators and coffee makers. Upgrade to a Terrace King or Queen room for a private balcony with city, plaza or lake views; these rooms also sit on higher floors.
Guests can start their days with coffee at The Market, have a burger and a beer after a Badgers game at Augie’s Tavern or sip cocktails while taking in an evening sunset at The Statehouse. We also understand The Icehouse, the hotel's food (and beer) hall, serves a pretty solid Wisconsin fish fry. The hotel's Edgewater Spa offers massages and signature facials; there's also an indoor relaxation pool and a salon team for customized hair, makeup and nail services.
The hotel maintains a robust events calendar throughout the year including ice-skating on the hotel's private ice rink in the winter months along with other seasonal events like an annual holiday tree lighting, breakfast with Santa, Destination New Year’s Eve and the Frozen Assets Festival.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at US$75 plus tax per pet per stay. Maximum 2 pets per room. Pets not allowed in Spa or Plaza.
Maximum 2 pets per room. Pets not allowed in Spa or Plaza.
A resort/facility fee of US$20.79 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. When booking the "Travelzoo Deal", Travelzoo members are eligible for: complimentary daily self-parking ($18 inclusive of tax).
Car park fee: US$18 inclusive of tax per day.
Valet service fee: US$25 inclusive of tax per day.
The Resort Fee includes:
When booking the "Travelzoo Deal", Travelzoo members are eligible for: complimentary daily self-parking ($18 inclusive of tax).
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$169 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(80 Member Ratings)