Why We Love It
- The hotel prides itself on its unique décor and curated collection of art
- Dine at the Pump Room, a celebrity destination for decades
- Revitalized by famed hotelier Ian Schrager in 2012
- All guest rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi
"Contemporary elegance with a dash of whimsy" -- Conde Nast Traveler
83% (18 Member Ratings)
Rooms & Rates
Style is paramount at the Public Chicago, where guest rooms have been decorated in soothing “no-color” palettes, accented with an eclectic mix of custom-made modern furniture, a curated collection of Mondino photographs, Thassos mosaic tile floors and Corian sinks and bathtubs.
More than a pretty face, however, guest rooms at this hotel are also equipped with thick down comforters and pillows, and complimentary Wi-Fi, which will come in handy for planning day trips or scoping out the shopping and dining options on famous Michigan Avenue, just a short stroll away.
The on-site restaurant boasts farm-to-table locally sourced, sustainable menu items created by James Beard award-winning chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and the on-site café serves a wide range of specialty coffees and French pastries.
- “Contemporary elegance with a dash of whimsy” -- Conde Nast Traveler
- “What was once the slightly faded Ambassador East is now hip and sleek; the location's as stellar as always. And the legendary Pump Room restaurant is still there, but the design is all new” -- Fodor’s
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9.00 and USD 25.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 125.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.