$191-$217 – NYC Hotel near Bryant Park w/Breakfast, 50% Off
This 4-star midtown Manhattan hotel is offering Travelzoo members an exclusive deal: upgraded rooms for as low as $191 per night with breakfast included.
- $191 per night ... most Sundays in July-August
- $217 per night ... most Thursdays-Saturdays in July-August
- $243 per night ... Sundays in May-June
- $256 per night ... most Thursdays-Saturdays in May-June and Thursdays-Sundays in September
- Daily continental breakfast for two (reg. $19)
- This rate is prepaid and nonrefundable; for $13 more per night, you can book a refundable stay
"Gorgeous inside and out" -- BlackBook
Why We Love It
- A regal 1903 Beaux-Arts building with bay windows
- Refurbished, clubby library with marble fireplace and wood panelling
- On a quiet side street less than two blocks from Times Square, between 5th and 6th Avenues
- A neighbourhood full of similarly handsome landmarks, like Grand Central Terminal and New York Public Library
Just east of Times Square is a neighbourhood full of turn-of-the-century landmarks. The main branch of the New York Public Library is a colonnaded Beaux-Arts beauty with leafy Bryant Park as its backyard. A few blocks away rise the soaring arches and pediments of Grand Central Terminal, right next to the silvery deco of the Chrysler Building. Within four blocks of all of this is the quiet, cozy Mansfield Hotel, a handsome building from 1903 that emanates history through its hallways and lobby.
One of the hotel's most famous guests was Max von Gerlach, a flamboyant socialite who may have been the inspiration for the Great Gatsby. The lobby certainly seems fit for a baron, with a clubby parlour covered in honey-coloured wood, with stocked bookshelves, leather armchairs pulled around classic table games and a gray marble fireplace.
History also means historical proportions, so hallways are on the narrow side and rooms are compact -- the petite room lives up to its name -- but they are clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi is complimentary in the lobby, club room and M Bar.
Times Square and Broadway theatres are less than two blocks west. Just around the corner to the east starts the most popular stretch of Fifth Avenue shopping.
- "Small, exquisitely appointed, copper façade, meticulous old-time craftsmanship. Gorgeous inside and out" -- BlackBook
- "One of the nicest little hotels in the city, the Mansfield manages to be both grand and intimate" -- Rough Guide to New York City
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children up to age 6 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, and in Deluxe rooms only, free of charge for one child. Extra bed available on request, and in Deluxe Rooms only: $30 per night (subject to tax). Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets (maximum weight: 25 pounds) are allowed on request, and will be charged a non-refundable pet fee of $75 (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel does not offer on-site parking.
$191 / night
When You Can Go
Thursdays-Sundays in July-August
Getting ThereLaGuardia Airport is about 30 minutes east by taxi in good traffic, with the fare running around US$30. John F. Kennedy International Airport is about 45 minutes southeast, with flat-fee taxi fare running about US$50. The AirTrain at JFK also connects with the E subway line, which has a stop about 10 minutes' walk north of the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(162 Member Ratings)