$199 – Stylish Old Quebec City Hotel, Reg. $279
Save almost 30% on stays at Hotel 71, a CAA 4-Diamond hotel housed in a 19th-century building in Old Quebec.
- $199 per night for a Superior Room
- Includes valet parking for one car ($30 value)
- All guests receive continental buffet-style breakfast
"Boutique experience par excellence" -- Lonely Planet
Why We Love It
- Modern interiors fill the inside of a stately, neoclassical, 19th-century building that once housed a bank
- The CAA 4-Diamond property is in Old Town, originally settled more than 400 years ago
- TripAdvisor ranks the hotel as the ninth-best in the city; it earned a Travellers' Choice 2017 award
- About two blocks from Place Royale, with free loaner bikes for exploring
- All guests get free continental breakfast, Wi-Fi and access to the gym
Quebec City rises on a mount overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The city, now a national historic site, is still surrounded by its 400-year-old fortifications. The Old Quebec neighbourhood has blocks of preserved historic buildings, including a neoclassical landmark now housing the thoroughly modern comforts of the CAA 4-Diamond Hotel 71.
Rooms have soaring 5-metre-high ceilings and windows that are nearly as tall, overlooking the coursing river or the cobble of mismatched rooftops of this historic district. Platform beds float over hardwood floors, near a minifridge and a Nespresso single-serve coffee brewer. Bathrooms have glass-walled rainfall showers with cool slate tiles. Wi-Fi is complimentary.
The hotel’s Italian restaurant and bar, Il Matto, is consistently ranked one of the top eateries in the city. Hire a bike from the hotel and cycle to the atmospheric quarter, past art galleries and old-world bakeries. Visitors are about two blocks from the Place Royale, the medieval square that anchors the district.
- “[The restaurant Il Matto is] a trendy, contemporary setting that serves Italian classics just like Mama makes them” -- Frommer’s
- “Guest rooms with 12-foot-high ceilings and stunning views of Old Quebec” -- Fodor’s
- “Hotel 71 provides the boutique experience par excellence. Rooms are sleek, with a minimalist design, while not stinting on comfort” -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check in time: 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children under 2. Charges for children are as follows: ages 5 and under, free, ages 6-17 year old, CA$20, 18 year old+, CA$25 (extra person fees subject to tax). Extra beds available on request in Superior Rooms (rooms with 2 queen beds not available): CA$15 per night for children and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Gratuities are not included with continental breakfast. It is customary to leave a tip for good service.
$199 / night
When You Can Go
- Travel May 1-31
Getting ThereQuebec City’s airport is about 25 minutes west by taxi. The fare is about $40, including tip.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.