This Week's Top 20: Airfare Wars, Hot Hotels, Inspiring Trips
The theme of this week is: upscale vacations that are tangible, do-able.
It's these types of offers that our members can jump on quickly:
Major Southwest and JetBlue sales trigger huge fare wars: Today and tomorrow are prime days to lock in the best summer and fall flight deals. We're telling our members about this AND giving them tips on how to find the best deals within each sale. This could be your window seat.
The hotels this week are AMAZING. Look at some of the highlights ...
- Miraval Resort and Spa (One of Conde Nast Traveler's Top 12 Destination Spa Resorts in the World, would you like to be the woman in the photo above?)
- Thompson Miami Beach (It's summer and Florida is hot -- but so is this deal. And that's what the pool is for at this new trendy hotel for $155 per night. Want to stay here a few months later? It'll be well over $300.)
- 5-star WestHouse Hotel New York (we've seen lots of $159-$189 deals for solid 3.5-star properties. I'm SO excited to see a 5-star option, just steps from Central Park, for $230 per night.)
- Hotel Palomar LA (Kimpton cool close to Beverly Hills for under $200 per night.)
- El Conquistador (A Waldorf Astoria Resort, in Puerto Rico, for 50% off regular rates.)
- Travel + Leisure World's Best Hotels: Woodstock Inn in Vermont, Omni Scottsdale Resort at Montelucia, Inn at Thorn Hill in New Hampshire
- Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda (the biggest sale of the year is back! This is a big week for big sales.)
- Clift Hotel in San Francisco (Morgans design chic in the heart of San Francisco, including major holidays. If you haven't checked lately, SF hotels are super expensive.)
- Vintner's Inn (Summer in Sonoma – how sexy does that sound? It includes over $200 in perks. Members give this a 98% thumbs-up rating.)
- Hotel Julien in Dubuque, Iowa (Any hotel that's good enough for the Bachelor, is good enough for me.)
- U.S. beach stays (Cape Cod, Myrtle Beach, waterfront Maine & Montauk ... including prime summer upsells).
It's almost (officially summer), time to get off the couch and do something awesome near you.
- Broadway on Tour: Book of Mormon in Vegas and Boston, Annie in San Francisco, Pippin in Detroit
- NYC institutions: Shakespeare in the Park! Dinner at The Carlyle! Tony-nominated Broadway shows!
- Summer festivals: Tequila fest in Texas, Beer Fest in Chicago
But a Top 20 also isn't a Top 20 without some daydreaming and inspiration ...
- Tuscany (Guess how much a 6-night, air-inclusive vacation costs. Yes, it's in winter so it'll be a little chillier, but still – guess the price. Did I hear $799 per person? I can't remember the last time we saw an Italy vacation at this price. It's less than what I'd expect airfare alone to cost. HOT!
- South Africa (Ask anyone on the street how much they think a weeklong South Africa vacation, including safari, hotels and airfare. I guarantee they’ll say a minimum of $5000 per person. We have it for under $2000 per person.)
- Mediterranean (A week on NCL Epic, taking in Mediterranean sunsets and making like a movie star in Cannes, for $62/night. And that doesn't include the $200 credit. Plus, show your kids the world -- they're essentially free. Only minimal cost are taxes.)