Packing List: Disney World & Theme Park Vacation
5 Things You Won't Want to Forget for a Disney World & Theme Park Vacation
1. Outfit changes: Bring a dry change of clothes and Ziploc ones for the wet ones after you go on the park’s water rides. Along the same vein, ponchos are a must. They’re easy to carry and so much cheaper at home than they are at gift shops.
2. Entertainment for the kids: No, we don’t mean an iPad. Bring small toys or activities to occupy your little ones so they don’t get crabby while waiting in long lines for rides.
3. Souvenirs: Yes, we’re suggesting you pack your souvenirs. Your kids will be clamoring for Disney outfits or costumes, which go for a high price in the park but are easily available at home for significantly less. You can surprise them with the items while on the trip to make them feel special.
4. Refillable Brita water bottle and snacks: No one wants to be hangry, dehydrated or stuck paying $10 for some pretzel sticks.
5. Park maps: Customizable park maps are available for free downloads online. Print them out before you go so you won’t get lost.
Complete Packing List for a Disney World & Theme Park Vacation
Clothing & Accessories
Bringing Disney-themed and Universal-themed costumes and clothes from home will save money at the park. Also pack comfy shoes for long days of walking plus light clothing, hats and bandannas to help combat the heat. Be sure to bring changes of clothes and bags with you for the wet ones if you plan on hitting water parks or going on water rides. Wear a watch to help save your cellphone battery.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Small first-aid kit, especially Band-Aids or moleskin tape for your feet
- Glasses, contact solution, case and extra pairs
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dental floss
- Small container of shaving cream
- Sanitary products
- Brush or comb
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes
- Stain remover
- Nail file
- Lipbalm with sunscreen
- Phone charger or solar-powered charging device
- External battery pack
- Camera with charger
- Theme park tickets or MagicBand
- Health insurance card
- Credit and debit cards
- Printed copies of your hotel confirmation, rental car information, tickets and itineraries
- Multiple sizes of zip-top bags
- Reusable water bottle with filter
- Camelbak or similar day pack
- Activities for the kids while waiting in line
- Park map
- Notebook and pen for character autographs
- Handheld fan
- Water toys, beach bag and water shoes for water parks