$1489 – Everest Helicopter Tour w/Champagne Breakfast
Why We Love This Deal
Admire Everest up close via helicopter without breaking a sweat then have a champagne breakfast as you enjoy breathtaking views of Everest at Yeti Mountain Home, the "world’s highest-altitude luxury lodge." (Bloomberg)
Usually $2709 per person, Ace the Himalaya is slashing $1220 off when you travel as a group of four. At $1489 per person (a total of $5954 for a group of four), you'll be saving nearly half off usual rates of this 3.5 hour tour.
"This is as close as you can get to Everest without being on it ... nobody does it closer" -- Bloomberg
- Hotel/Airport pick-up & drop off by tourist vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Return flights between Kathmandu and Lukla
- 30-minute helicopter flight from Lukla to Kongde and back to Lukla
- Champagne Breakfast at Kongde
- All permits and entrance fees
- All government taxes, vat, and tourist service charges
- Vouchers for one are also discounted at $1895 (US$1,399)
- Click on the link to see a video of the experience you get
Why We Love It
- No need to endure tiring day-long walks to see Everest in person
- Helicopter flight around Everest allows you to "get a sense of what ascending that fabled peak is like" without having to do it (The Telegraph)
- The 2-hour long sky high breakfast experience allows you to take your time to admire four of the world’s six tallest peaks - Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Everest - as you dine
- Helicopters accommodate a maximum of 6 people
- According to Bloomberg, some tour companies charge as much as $4754 per person for the trip
Travelzoo Tip: If adventure is your middle name, book a 9-day Everest Base Camp Heli trek that requires half the effort of the regular EBC trek for $2235 (US$1,650) per person. Groups of four enjoy 50% off regular prices at $1895 (US$1,399).
About the Company
Founded in 2006, Ace the Himalaya Tours is a locally-owned inbound ground operator in Nepal that offers outdoor adventure journeys in Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet and India.
Rated No. 2 out of over 700 tour companies on TripAdvisor, the company and its staff are well reviewed by genuine travelers from around the world for their service and professionalism.
Hear what the founder, staff and satisfied customers say about the company in this video.