$155 – Stay at 'Unknown Icon' of the South Australian Outback
Traveller lists the Flinders Ranges as one of its "Top 20 Stylish Outback Escapes"
Head to the South Australian outback for a unique experience in Ikara Flinders Ranges National Park, "Australia's unknown icon" according to Australian Traveller. Wilpena Pound Resort is an ideal base for exploring the 800-million-year-old landscape by bike, foot and horseback.
- $155 per night in an Aroona Room for up to four guests
- Add breakfast for $22 per person, per day
- Valid for stays until 28 February, 2018
Why we love it
- This is the first time we've seen this resort discount one-night stays
- You can go mountain biking, hiking or on a scenic flight over the park
- Spend your nights gazing at the starry sky, away from any light pollution
- Wilpena Pound is a natural amphitheatre of mountains eight times the area of Uluru
Surrounded by pine trees and native wildlife, the resort is approximately five hours' drive from Adelaide, right in the middle of Ikara Flinders Ranges; a historical national park with rocky gorges, weathered peaks and dramatic cliffs. On-site features include a swimming pool, a restaurant and a bar. There's also a convenience store selling souvenirs, postcards and essential supplies such as water and fuel.
When You Can Go
Until 28 February, 2018
How to Book
Book online at Wilpena Pound Resort
- Click on the '1 Night Hot Deal'
- Select your preferred dates and follow the booking prompts