Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
Why We Love It
- A grand hotel next door to Rome’s largest park
- It’s walking distance from sights like the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain & the Pantheon
- The rooftop bar & restaurant offers some of the best panoramic views in the city
- The stunning bedrooms have free Wi-Fi
"The perfect place to watch the sun set" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese is a grand, old hotel, dating back to the 19th century and oozing with “old-world elegance”, says <i>Fodor’s</i>. Sandwiched between the Spanish Steps and the designer shops on the Via Veneto, it has an enviable location in Tridente, “the most upscale part of Rome”, according to Frommer’s. It makes a great base for sightseeing -- the Trevi Fountain is just 15 minutes away and it’s only a couple of minutes more to the Pantheon. The nearest metro station, Barberini, is a 10-minute walk.
The central position also guarantees jaw-dropping panoramic views of the city’s domed churches and the neighbouring Borghese Gardens from the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, La Terrasse Cuisine & Lounge. Settle down at the adjoining bar for an aperitif as the sun sets, or stay for dinner -- the fine dining menu spans French and Italian classics, and there’s a retractable roof for cooler evenings. In the mornings, a buffet breakfast is served in the palace’s old stables, where artist Caravaggio apparently once spent the night. Hot food and eggs cooked to order are also available, for an additional charge.
The Neoclassical-styled bedrooms overflow with antique furniture and brocade drapes, while the renovated ones (available across all room types, on request) have more contemporary furniture with art deco lines. All are equipped with Bose iPod docks and free low-speed Wi-Fi (there’s an extra charge for faster connections). Many rooms on the upper floors have excellent views over the Borghese Gardens, and the four suites have their own balconies. Although there are no tea- and coffee-making facilities in the rooms, room service is available (extra charge applies). There is also a small 24-hour fitness room.
- “Their rooftop restaurant, La Terasse Cuisine and Lounge, is the perfect place to watch the sun set over the city” -- Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 30.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: EUR 15 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 99 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 57.50 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 50 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 100 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 7 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.