$239 – Oceanside B&B near Mendocino w/$50 Spa Credit
Save more than 55% on a romantic escape at a Mendocino Coast inn, "perched on a bluff above pounding surf and a driftwood-strewn beach" (Fodor's).
- What's included:
- Many dates through April including select weekends
- $239 per night ... garden view room
- $276 per night ... ocean view room or cottage
- Larger cottages and suites also discounted
- $69 discount on a single massage or $139 off a couples massage
- Champagne breakfast and wine and cocktail hour included for all guests
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a garden view room
- Other room types can accomodate a third guest at higher rates
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable; full prepayment required upon booking
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- Please call the property in advance of your reservation to make dinner and spa reservations
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"A revered B&B" -- Zagat
Why We Love It
- Guests receive a welcome gift basket filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies, fruit and wine plus an "exceptional breakfast" (Zagat)
- Complimentary cocktails and wine served every afternoon in the lounge
- There's direct access to Greenwood State Beach below
- Rated one of the Top B&Bs in the West by Sunset Magazine
Opened in 1968 as one of the first B&Bs along the Mendocino Coast, the Elk Cove Inn has made a name for itself as one of the Top B&Bs in the West (Sunset Magazine). The cozy and secluded inn sits atop a bluff in the sleepy town of Elk, where visitors come to take in dramatic coastline views and stunning sunsets over the Pacific, and do little else but relax.
The main house -- a craftsman-style mansion that once served as an executive retreat for the local lumber company before becoming an inn -- is home to six cozy rooms, each with a unique Victorian-style design. Other accommodations include standalone cottages with a fireplace and large ocean-facing picture windows, and oceanfront suites with cathedral ceilings, jetted tubs and a private balcony or patio. A private staircase leads down to Greenwood State beach below.
Thoughtful amenities include a welcome basket of homemade cookies, fruit and wine, and complimentary cocktails and wine each afternoon, but perhaps the most special treat is breakfast – also complimentary – which comes with bubbly or mimosas and a hearty array of breakfast favorites.
- "Check into one of the Arts and Crafts-style spa suites, and you can enjoy the sea breezes from your balcony" -- Sunset Magazine
- "A revered B&B with 16 luxury rooms and an exceptional breakfast" -- Zagat
- Newspaper / magazines
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children are welcome.
Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Extra person charge is $30 per person, per night for the 3rd and 4th person in the room.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at US$25 per pet per stay. The pet friendly rooms are: Molly's Garden, Greenwood and Bavarian Cottage. Please call the property if you require a pet friendly room.
The pet friendly rooms are: Molly's Garden, Greenwood and Bavarian Cottage. Please call the property if you require a pet friendly room.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$239 / night
When You Can Go
Many dates through April including select weekends
Getting ThereThe Elk Cove Inn is roughly a 30-minute drive south of Mendocino, and around a four-hour drive north of San Francisco.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(5 Member Ratings)