$257 – 2-night Oxfordshire getaway w/meals & wine, was $429
Dating back to 1677, Whately Hall Banbury still boasts many of its original features -- including stone passages and priest holes. An 2-night stay at this hotel in the market town of Banbury is now $257, saving 40% on the usual price, and includes:
- Two nights' accommodation in a Classic Double Room (located in the main building or new building), with daily full English breakfast, for two
- A 2-course dinner each on the first night only (worth $67; there is a £5 steak supplement)
- A bottle of house wine on arrival (worth $40)
- An overnight stay in a Classic Double Room, with full English breakfast, a 2-course dinner each (there is a £5 steak supplement) and a bottle of house wine on arrival is $183
Why We Love It
- Ye Olde Reindeer Inn, where Oliver Cromwell reputedly plotted the Battle of Edgehill during the English Civil War, is a 5-minute walk away
- Broughton Castle, a historic fortified manor house with a moat, gardens and an elegant great hall, is less than a 5-minute drive away
- The hotel is on the edge of the Cotswolds and Silverstone Circuit, home to the British Grand Prix, is 30 minutes' drive away
- Oxford city centre and Bicester Village designer outlet shopping centre are less than 45 minutes' drive away
Originally a 17th-century coaching inn, Whately Hall Banbury is situated on the edge of the Cotswolds in the charming market town of Banbury, a 5-minute walk from Ye Olde Reindeer Inn, where Oliver Cromwell reputedly plotted the Battle of Edgehill during the English Civil War. Broughton Castle, a historic fortified manor house with a moat, gardens and an elegant great hall, is less than a 5-minute drive away.
Silverstone Circuit, home to the British Grand Prix, is 30 minutes' drive away. Oxford city centre and Bicester Village designer outlet shopping centre are less than 45 minutes' drive away, while Bletchley Park is a 50-minute drive away.
The hotel's Swift restaurant, which overlooks the gardens, is decorated with oak panelling, a fireplace and iron chandeliers. It serves a range of international dishes. There is also a bar serving drinks and light snacks.
The rooms have free Wi-Fi. Some still maintain the original period features of the coaching inn.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: There is no cot/extra bed available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: £15 per stay.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$128 / night
When You Can Go
Thu-Sun until 24 Feb, 2019
Getting ThereThere is free parking. Banbury railway station and Junction 14 of the M40 are a 5-minute drive from the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(35 Member Ratings)