Linden Row Inn
Why We Love It
- This charming inn was built on the grounds of Edgar Allan Poe's childhood garden
- These "distinguished" rowhomes "housed some of Richmond’s most prominent citizens and influential families," according to the National Park Service
- All guests receive free Wi-Fi, passes to the YMCA fitness center, and local shuttle service within two miles
- About a mile from the historic Shockoe Slip neighbourhood
"A superb Greek Revival row" -- National Park Service
Rooms & Rates
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Linden Row Inn has heritage in its bones. The land used to be a garden owned by Edgar Allan Poe's adopted parents. In the mid-1800s, a stately row of Greek Revival town houses grew around the garden, and many Richmond luminaries moved in. Nowadays, the inn fills up all seven buildings in the row, maintaining genteel touches of previous eras.
Antique furnishings sit beneath the 12-foot ceilings in each room, some of which have chandeliers and inactive marble fireplaces. All have renovated granite bathrooms, and some open onto decks that face the peaceful rear courtyard. Guests wake to complimentary continental breakfast in a restored, brick-walled room that used to house the stables. There's also free Wi-Fi, shuttle service within two miles, and access to the YMCA fitness centre nearby.
In a city that's four centuries old, visitors to Richmond run into history on every corner. A short taxi ride away, you reach the white colonnaded portico of the Virginia State Capitol. The Civil War-era government was only a few more blocks from here, in the White House of the Confederacy. Hotel guests are also about a mile from the Shockoe Slip neighbourhood, with its popular restaurants and nightlife.
- "Linden Row is one of Richmond’s finest examples of Greek Revival architecture and a superb Greek Revival row" -- National Park Service
- "In the heart of downtown Richmond. It's an old, antique-filled property, with enormous 12-foot-ceilinged rooms and winding staircases that list charmingly toward the banisters" -- Washington Post
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Off-street parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request and in the Main House rooms and Parlour Suites only: $15 per night for children under 2. Extra bed available on request and in the Main House rooms and Parlour Suites only: $15 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Valet service is available between the hours of 7am to 10:30pm.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.