Member Exclusive – 3 Nts at Brand-New Cambodian Island Retreat w/Transfers & Massage
Escape to Koh Rong, Cambodia's second largest island, and one of '10 secluded spots in Asia to find inner peace.' (SilverKris)
Opened in April, the island's latest luxury resort The Royal Sands Koh Rong is offering 3-night stays for $1,378. This saves up to 38% and includes:
- Accommodation in an Ocean View Villa
- Upgrade to Beachfront Villa (subject to availability)
- Daily breakfast
- Return boat transfer between resort and Sihanoukville Port (reg. $160)
- 60-minute full body massage (reg. $174)
- Access to single kayak, paddle board and snorkeling gear, 1-hour per day
- Upgrade to their Ocean View Pool Villas for an additional $217 a night with the same inclusions
Why We Love It
- Newly open in April this year
- Located on a 550m stretch of private beach
- There are no fast-food chains or shopping centers on this relatively untouched island
- Koh Rong's pristine bay provides perfect conditions for one of the ocean’s strangest natural phenomena - bioluminescent plankton
- Travel + Leisure Asia says that once you arrive on Koh Rong, you will "be overcome with the feeling that you have arrived at that secret sweet spot we all crave on our travels"
Located an hour by boat west of Sihanoukville, Cambodia, The Royal Sands Koh Rong is located along a 550m stretch of private beach offering panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand.
Facilities at the 5-star resort include a spa, swimming pool with two jacuzzis, a fitness center and two restaurants.
Ocean View Villas are situated on the upper part of the property and offer views across the Gulf of Thailand. Each villa boasts a spacious bedroom, and bathroom with indoor and outdoor rain showers, a sofa as well as an outdoor day-bed area.
Despite being a brand-new resort, it is well reviewed on TripAdvisor with guests praising the service offered by the staff, the quality of the food as well as it's tranquil location.
There is much to do on the island; you can go snorkeling, diving, kayaking, mountain biking and trekking. Also, bioluminescent plankton is a wonder of nature not to be missed during your stay and the resort offers a guide for the experience at an additional cost.
The American and French version of the reality TV show Survivor was filmed on Koh Rong and Culture Trip describes it as "a true tropical paradise," recommending a visit to Long Beach, which is just a 4-min walk from the resort.
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Extra occupant fee for guests are as follows (subject to tax, per person per night) and will be charged at the hotel.
Please use 'Special request' field if you are traveling with extra guests.
Maximum occupancy: 3 adults OR 2 adults and a child 4-12. Please see Policies for more information.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 38%
When You Can Go
Until Oct 31; +$372 Nov 01 - Apr 15
Getting ThereThe easiest way to get to Koh Rong is to fly in to Sihanoukville International Airport.
Besides taking a domestic flight from Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, you can also fly from multiple cities in China via Hainan Airlines or from Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia.
To get to the island from the airport, it's a 30-min drive to Sihanoukville port then an hour long boat ride from it's port.
Scheduled return boat transfers worth $160 for two are included with the offer. Shared transfer to & from Sihanoukville airport & the port can be booked through the resort for $18 per person each way.
Scheduled transfers depart from the resort at 9.30am and 2pm and leaves Sihanouk Ville Port at 11.45am and 4pm.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.