$252 – Chic KC Boutique Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Members can explore Kansas City's "percolating art scene" in one of the "10 most intriguing travel destinations for 2019" (The Wall Street Journal). Save up to 45% at this boutique hotel that seamlessly weaves contemporary design into its very historic digs.
"Pioneering art-focused hotel where photography and oil painting ... are as important as the lobby bar" -- Conde Nast
- $252 per night ... check in daily to a Deluxe King Room through September
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two (reg. $57)
- All guests receive free access to the on-site art museum; guided tours available Wednesdays and Fridays at 5 p.m.
- Relax in an extra 200 square-feet of space, along with your very own living room, by upgrading to a Deluxe Suite for +$136
What You Need to Know
- Rooms accommodate up to three guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is $35 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Travelzoo Tip: You can reliably find flights to Kansas City from Detroit, Denver, Orlando, Los Angeles and New York for $142-$213 roundtrip.
Why We Love This Hotel
- Walkable to the Power & Light District, Sprint Center and River Market
- There's a 6,200-square-foot dedicated art exhibit showcasing up-and-coming artists
- The hotel's restaurant, The Savoy at 21c, is a revival of one of Kansas City's most iconic eateries -- a former hangout of Harry S. Truman -- with the original decor largely still intact
One part art museum, one part boutique hotel, the 21c feels old-world and avant-garde all at once. Located in a landmark 1880s-era building between the Power & Light District and River Market, the hotel retains loads of historic elements -- think cathedral-style wood paneling in the lobby and vaulted ceilings in guest rooms. There's also an on-site rotating art museum featuring pieces sourced from artists around the world (guests can check out the OFF-SPRING: New Generations exhibit through April, 2020).
Guest rooms, decorated in a neutral palette offset by pops of color and original artwork, receive loads of natural light thanks to large windows. They also have modern necessities like flat-screen TVs, Nespresso coffee machines and free Wi-Fi. For extra space, we suggest upgrading to a suite, which comes with a separate living and bedroom area as well as a dining table.
The hotel's restaurant, the Savoy at 21c, specializes in classic American dishes like scallops meuniere, heritage pork roast and prime rib. Old-school cocktails are on the menu, too; we recommend the Savoy Sour, made with apple brandy, or the Old Fashioned, which features a signature house bourbon blend. History buffs will also want to have a drink in booth No. 4 -- it was President Harry S. Truman's favorite.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. A valid credit card and government issued photo identification must be presented at check in.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
A valid credit card and government issued photo identification must be presented at check in.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra bed available upon request: US$30 plus tax, per night.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at US$75 plus tax per pet per stay. A pet waiver form must be completed and signed at check-in.
Maximum weight: 25 kg.
Please contact the front desk team with any questions.
A pet waiver form must be completed and signed at check-in.
A US$100 plus tax, per night incidental hold will be placed on the debit/credit card provided at check-in.
Valet service fee: US$25 plus tax per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$252 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(53 Member Ratings)