$220 – Saratoga Springs 4-Star Resort w/Breakfast
Enjoy a fall getaway to Saratoga Spa State Park at the elegant and newly renovated Gideon Putnam Hotel, where Travelzoo members exclusively save 40% on stays in upgraded rooms plus get breakfast and a dip in the on-site spa's famous mineral baths.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Deluxe room through Dec. 27
- $220 per night ... Sunday-Thursday, Oct. 28 - Dec. 27
- $268 per night ... Sunday-Thursday, through Oct. 25
- $268 per night ... Friday-Saturday, Nov. 9 - Dec. 22
- Daily full breakfast for two ($54 value)
- Two passes for the mineral baths ($127 value, once per stay)
- Note: Advance reservation for the mineral baths required. Please call (800) 452-7275 ext. 4 to schedule your mineral bath
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional beds are available for +$24 per night; children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Additional adults are +$32 per night (does not include extra breakfast or mineral bath)
- These rates are refundable; cancel 3 days prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly rooms available upon request; additional fees apply ($79 per night)
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"Handsome traditional decor, well-stocked guest rooms and lovely, bucolic location" -- Travel Weekly
Why We Love It
- In May 2018, the hotel completed a renovation of all guest rooms and corridors, including new carpets, lighting and window fixtures and original artwork
- Dating back to 1935, the hotel is set on 2,000 lush acres and offers tennis courts and hiking and biking trails
- The hotel's famous Roosevelt Baths & Spa offers mineral baths, massages, facials, scrubs, body wraps and a full-service salon
- Downtown Saratoga Springs features a mix of sophisticated and fashionable bars and restaurants alongside stately homes and Victorian mansions
The Gideon Putnam Hotel is a stately five-story Georgian Revival-style hotel, named after Gideon Putnam, one of the original settlers of Saratoga Springs. First opened in 1935, the hotel’s 132 rooms “still maintain a spare, minimalist elegance, with cream and mint touches and sturdy teak furniture” (Conde Nast Traveler).
Since the 1930s, the hotel’s main draw has been the mineral baths at its famous Roosevelt Spa, named after President Franklin Roosevelt, whose personal experience with hydrotherapy while battling polio led to its construction. The on-site venue Putnam’s Restaurant and Bar offers rustic yet elegant dining options, including a decadent Sunday brunch.
The hotel is located in Saratoga Spa State Park, surrounded by more than 2,000 acres of natural beauty, where guests can hike, bike and explore. Other attractions within walking distance include the National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame. The downtown shopping district, filled with lovely boutiques and shops tucked between eclectic restaurants and bars, is within a few minutes' drive.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available in Deluxe with one bed Rooms only. Extra person's fee is $20 (subject to tax) per person starting with the 3rd person, per night.
Cot available upon request: US$10 plus tax, per night.
Extra bed available upon request: US$15 plus tax, per night.
Extra bed available in Deluxe with one bed Rooms only. Extra person's fee is $20 (subject to tax) per person starting with the 3rd person, per night.
Pets are allowed on request: US$50 plus tax, per night. Pet-friendly rooms are available on the first floor only.
Pet-friendly rooms are available on the first floor only.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$220 / night
When You Can Go
Options through Dec. 27
Getting ThereThe Gideon Putnam Hotel is located in upstate New York's Saratoga Spa State Park, just 45 minutes from Albany and less than four hours from Manhattan, Boston and Montreal. The Saratoga Springs Amtrak Station is a 10-minute drive from the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(14 Member Ratings)