$143 – Whitehorse Hotel Stay during Aurora Borealis, Reg. $222
Why We Love This Deal
The renovated Edgewater Hotel is offering Travelzoo members an exclusive 35% discount during a time when the northern lights are most apparent -- making bucket list-worthy Whitehorse even more attractive.
- $143 per night ... Standard One Double
- $154 per night ... Deluxe Two Double/Deluxe One Queen
What You Need to Know
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel completed a $2.2 million renovation in 2017 and is packed with amenities; freshly designed rooms have feather linens, USB ports and charging stations
- Built on the site of the Windsor Hotel, which hosted the territory's founders (and gold-rush bounders) beginning in 1890
- Centrally located, the hotel overlooks the Yukon River and is right across the street from the historic White Pass & Yukon Train Station -- there are also plenty of walking and biking trails nearby
- A large collection of art focused on Yukon history can be viewed throughout the hotel
- Free airport-shuttle service, parking, Wi-Fi and seasonal concierge
This boutique-style hotel is loaded with both a rich history and fresh modernity. The original Windsor Hotel was built on the site in 1890 and was a cornerstone of Whitehorse throughout the Gold Rush. After the completion of its $2.2 million renovation in early 2017, the Edgewater Hotel, a landmark on Main Street since 1961, now offers travellers sleek rooms and suites with brand-new finishes and a seemingly endless list of amenities.
In addition to the usual suspects like free Wi-Fi, bathrobes and eco-friendly bath products, booking a room at Edgewater Hotel also gets you free airport-shuttle service, self parking, turndown service and the expertise of a seasonal concierge. Guests will also appreciate the showcased artwork throughout the property, featuring pieces from the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in First Nation in Dawson City, the Ta’an Kwäch’än Council in Whitehorse and the Carcross/Tagish First Nation.
Within steps of shops, museums and restaurants, it’s easy to explore Whitehorse from the hotel's central, downtown location. The street opens up to sidewalk cafes in the summer, if people-watching is more your pace, while waterfront trails winding along the Yukon River are literally steps away. Be sure to hop on the Whitehorse Waterfront Trolley, a heritage streetcar that was restored in 1999 and originally served Lisbon, Portugal, from 1925 to 1978.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Concierge service
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/cribs are not available. Extra beds available on request free of charge in Executive Rooms only. Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for guests over the age of 12 is CA$30.00 (subject to tax, per person per night) and will be added to the total price at check-out.
Pets are allowed on request, and will be charged CA$35 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Please note: the property does not have an elevator; guestrooms are only accessible via stairs. Ground-floor rooms available upon request.
$143 / night
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.