$245 – 4-star Cambridge hotel stay w/breakfast, 32% off
Save up to 32% on an overnight stay at Tamburlaine -- a hotel in Cambridge that's described as a "hip hangout" by The Daily Telegraph. This deal is $245 per night and includes:
- Overnight accommodation in a Fresher Room, with breakfast, for two
- A late checkout until 2pm (worth $44)
- You can book extra nights for the same price
Why We Love It
- This hotel -- which cost £50 million to build -- opened in spring 2017
- You'll be within 25 minutes' walk of Cambridge University Botanic Garden, King's College Chapel and the Fitzwilliam Museum
- Tamburlaine is named after a 16th-century play written by Christopher Marlowe, who studied in Cambridge
One of Cambridge's newest hotels, Tamburlaine opened in March, 2017. This £50 million property has caused quite the stir, with The Daily Telegraph claiming it "represents a remarkable step forward" for the city's hotel scene and describing it as the "most exciting opening in years".
Tamburlaine is next to Cambridge railway station, and most of the city's attractions, including Cambridge University Botanic Garden, King's College Chapel, the Fitzwilliam Museum and Trinity College, are within a 25-minute walk.
The hotel is named after "Tamburlaine the Great" -- a 16th-century play written by Christopher Marlowe, who studied at the city's Corpus Christi College. The play is set in central Asia and there is an Asian influence in some of the hotel's décor -- The Times notes the "geometric patterns on carpets, neat hexagonal tiles in the lobby, and fine bone china with Middle Eastern designs".
There are 155 bedrooms, a lobby with modern chandeliers and a library with a "cosy atmosphere... induced by sagging bookshelves, panelled walls and snug furniture" (The Daily Telegraph). There's also a brasserie restaurant, a cocktail bar, a deli and a colonial-style garden room where guests can enjoy cream tea -- Stylist describes the room as a "visual dream".
Update (4pm, 31 October): the garden room is now closed to the public.
- "Cambridge has a stylish and comfortable new bolthole run by friendly staff" -- The Times
- "Even the smallest rooms are a good size and have beds so large two could roll around without fear of colliding" -- Stylist
- "Tamburlaine represents a remarkable step forward for a city that, otherwise, has a remarkable dearth of decent accommodation options" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18
Minimum age required to check in: 18
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Extra guest charges apply as follows: £25 per person, per night for children and adults aged 3 and over. This includes breakfast. Limited extra beds are available on request - please confirm availability with the hotel prior to booking.
Children aged 2 and under stay free of charge, when staying in an infant's cot/crib on request. This includes breakfast.
Please use the Special Requests field to request an extra bed/cot.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy levels.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: An NCP Public Car Park is located near the hotel. Please see www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/cambridge-station-g-anglia/ for further information.
Up to 32%
$245 / night
When You Can Go
Fri-Mon until 29 Jan, 2019
Getting ThereThe nearest car park is at Cambridge railway station, which is next to the hotel. Pricing varies, so please contact the hotel directly for rates. Tamburlaine is next to Cambridge railway station.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(44 Member Ratings)