$206 – Charlottesville Resort near Monticello incl. Credit
We're excited to bring back this AAA 4-Diamond property, which our members love and Conde Nast Traveler readers rank among the Top Resorts in the South. Exclusively save over 40% on fall and winter stays where guests can access a full-service sports club and spa or rent a bike to explore 573 acres of trails.
- What's included:
- Travel November-January
- $206 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- $268 per night ... Friday-Saturday (December-January)
- Premium rooms also on sale
- Daily $69 resort credit per room for spa, golf, retail or dining purchases, including meals at the newly opened Birdwood Grill and Racquets Restaurant
- The golf course will be closed starting Nov. 21 for renovations, and the resort's Old Mill restaurant and main lobby building are currently undergoing renovations; for alternative check-in area, please refer to this map
- Price based on up to two guests in a room with one king bed and up to four guests in a room with two queen beds; this property does not carry roll-away beds or cots
- No extra person charge with existing bedding; ages 18 and under stay for free when using existing bedding and sharing a room with an adult
- These rates are refundable; cancel 7 days prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $21 plus tax per night; the fee covers Wi-Fi, access to fitness facility, sauna, pools, daily newspaper, afternoon coffee and tea, hiking trail access, catch-and-release fishing and electric car-charging stations (Note: Fee will increase to $53 plus tax on Jan. 1)
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly in select rooms with an additional charge of $100 per night (limit of 50 pounds)
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Visit the spa and save over 30% with our exclusive offer starting at $191 for a 50-minute treatment.
"A full-scale resort with Southern charm and cozy guest rooms that make you feel instantly at home" -- Self magazine
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond lakeside inn built from the original 1834 gristmill
- Freebies include afternoon tea and coffee with pastries
- Hiking trails, 26 tennis courts, 11 squash courts, full-service spa and golf course on 573-acre resort
Charlottesville is one of the most historically rich cities in the nation -- it's the hometown of two presidents and the site of Civil and Revolutionary war battles. Today, this AAA 4-Diamond resort offers a glimpse into the past along with the modern entertainment and amenities contemporary travelers seek out when vacationing.
Officially part of the Historic Hotels of America, rooms are spread across four buildings, all maintained with historic integrity and luxe decor, such as marble bathrooms. Some accommodations have balconies or patios, the perfect place to watch a sunset with a glass of local wine, and fireplaces as well as modern necessities like Wi-Fi, coffee makers and cable TV.
Less than a 10-minute drive from the University of Virginia campus, Boar’s Head Inn is the official hotel for the school and plays host to alumni, families and prospective students. Against a backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the 573-acre resort includes a championship golf course, spa, 26 indoor and outdoor tennis courts and a sports club with 11 squash courts and childcare available. Guests have the option to take cooking classes (available to groups only) and even float above the mountains on a hot air balloon ride. A fun perk is afternoon tea, coffee and pastries each day.
- "This local landmark resembles an English country inn, with flower gardens, ponds and a gristmill from 1834" -- Fodor's
- "The Boar's Head shares Piedmont Virginia's affection for all things historic" -- Travel + Leisure
- "One of the best places to sample Virginia wines without trekking to the vineyards" -- Frommer's
- "Unlike what you might expect from a college-branded hotel" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request: US$50 plus tax, per night. Pets are allowed in designated pet friendly rooms only. Please contact the hotel directly, when travelling with pets.
Maximum weight: 23 kg.
Pets are allowed in designated pet friendly rooms only. Please contact the hotel directly, when travelling with pets.
A resort/facility fee of US$15 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes:
The resort fee will be increasing to 20.00 USD plus tax ($21,06 tax inclusive), per night effective January 1, 2019.
The resort fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The property is non-smoking, including all public areas and guest rooms. Guests caught smoking on property and in guest rooms will be charged a $250 (subject to tax) penalty. Charges will be added to your bill at the discretion of the hotel.
The Inn Pool is open seasonally, from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
The hotel will be undergoing full renovations of its restaurant, bar, main entrance and lobby until late fall/ early winter 2018. During renovations, full dining options are available.
The golf course will be closed for renovation starting November 21, 2018.
$206 / night
When You Can Go
Sunday-Thursday, November-January; +$84 for weekends
Getting ThereThe hotel is 15 minutes from the Charlottesville Amtrak Station and 20 minutes from Charlottesville Albemarle Airport. A complimentary airport/train station shuttle is provided for guests, based on availability and require advance reservations.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(67 Member Ratings)