$282 – North Devon beachfront break with meals, 40% off
Save up to 40% on stays at a Condé Nast Johansens-award-winning Devon hotel with sea views and direct access to the beach. Overnight breaks at Saunton Sands Hotel are now $282 per room and include:
- Accommodation in an Inland Room, with full Devonshire breakfast and a 3-course dinner, for two
- $530... 2-night stay, with daily breakfast, dinner on both nights, a bottle of wine (worth $37) and cream tea (worth $17 per person), for two
- Stay in a Sea View Room for an extra $53 per night
Why We Love It
- "Stunning sea views and direct access to five miles of sandy beach are just two of the highlights at this popular hotel" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2018
- The hotel is recommended by Condé Nast Johansens for its "amazing location" overlooking Saunton Sands -- you can walk right on to the beach from the property
- You can dine in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant, which serves locally caught seafood and West Country produce
Saunton Sands Hotel is a Condé Nast Johansens-recommended property with direct beach access on the North Devon coast. It has an AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant and is praised by The Daily Telegraph for being extremely child friendly.
The hotel overlooks 3.5-mile-long Saunton Sands and the adjacent Braunton Burrows, part of a UNESCO-designated biosphere reserve in the North Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Braunton Burrows, the second-largest sand-dune system in England, is home to a large number of rare plants and animals.
Mathias Oberg, who has worked in many Michelin-starred restaurants (including Oblix at The Shard in London), is head chef at the AA-Rosette-awarded main restaurant, which has sea views and Art Deco-inspired designs. "The kitchen is impassioned about using only West Country produce and turns out some stimulating dishes in the contemporary mould," says The AA.
Susy Atkins, a familiar face on BBC One's "Saturday Kitchen" and wine columnist for The Sunday Telegraph's Stella magazine, has worked closely with the hotel to develop its wine list.
Facilities include a heated indoor swimming pool (open from 10 February), a health club, a shop and a supervised nursery. Stay in a Sea View Room for views of Saunton Sands and Braunton Burrows.
- "This is the ideal place for a good old-fashioned family holiday beside the seaside" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Kids' club
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 4 and under. This includes breakfast. Extra beds are not available for older children or adults. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request the cot/crib and confirm the age of the child.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The swimming pool is closed and it will reopen on February 10, 2018.
$282 / night
When You Can Go
2 Feb-10 May
Getting ThereThe hotel is off the B3231 Croyde Road, a 5-minute drive from the A361. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(317 Member Ratings)