Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Why We Love It
- Winner of Germany's Leading Hotel at the 2013 World Travel Awards
- The Queen, Greta Garbo & Charlie Chaplin all stayed here
- Berlin's top sights are nearby
- There's fine dining at the 2-Michelin-Star restaurant
Germany’s Leading Hotel -- The World Travel Awards, 2013
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Hotel of choice for visiting royalty and Michael Jackson (remember the baby-dangling moment?) the Adlon Kempinski is in the premier league of European luxury hotels. It won the Germany's Leading Hotel gong at the 2013 World Travel Awards -- the eighth time it has scooped the title, and carries an air of nostalgic elegance.
The building is a reconstruction of the original Adlon built on the same site and destroyed in the Second World War. Unter den Linden boulevard, for shopping, is a stroll away, and Checkpoint Charlie, the Holocaust Memorial and Pariser Platz, one of the city's finest urban spaces, are all within 10 minutes' walk.
The piano player and an original fountain -- a maharajah's gift -- in the marble, limestone and stained glass lobby set the scene for what Lonely Planet calls "the quintessence of luxury lodging". It’s a great space for Berlin people-watching, some of Germany's most powerful and glamorous citizens regularly stroll through.
The bedrooms are less glitzy, although mahogany furnishings, silk bedspreads and photos of the pre-war hotel in which Greta Garbo and Charlie Chaplin stayed, add antique character to the otherwise slightly generic 5-star décor. Wi-fi is free in all rooms, there are American sockets as standard and some suites have a view over historic Brandenburg Gate.
The 2-Michelin-Star Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer serves slimmed-down European classics. It's not cheap but you can expect fancy fare such as langoustine, lobster and squid with caviar of vegetables; saddle of venison with game sauce and fermented peppercorns; and chocolate with lime and green pepper ice-cream. For something a bit more relaxed, there's also the Restaurant Quarré and le petit Felix, plus Sra Bua by Tim Raue, serving Japanese-Thai fusion cuisine.
There’s a gym, indoor pool sauna and Jacuzzi at the Adlon Spa by Resense, plus a long list of luxurious treatments. For something really special, reserve a private suite – get an underwater massage at the Shiatsu & Watsu Suite.
- "Berlin's most high-profile defender of the grand tradition since 1907" -- Lonely Planet
- "This glamorous dame has had some hard knocks, but she still turns heads" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "[Location] is the hotel's trump card" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
A city tax of 5% per room per stay is included in the total price.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.