Why We Love It
- A top location: the intersection where Newbury Street, with its shops, meets the Boston Public Garden
- Traditional elegance and great staff -- expect turndown service and, in suites, fireplace butlers
- Standard rooms are nearly twice the size of the Boston average, with L'Occitane toiletries
- "Everyone from Elizabeth Taylor to Winston Churchhill has dined at the Cafe at the Taj" -- Fodor's
"Old-school elegant [with] glorious views" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
It never hurts to follow in the Ritz's footsteps, and when Taj took over this hotel from Ritz, it inherited a top location and graceful bone structure. The look is classic upscale: heavy drapery; traditional furnishings; gold, brass and marble accents. Not too trendy, with plenty of space: The standard room is nearly twice the size of the Boston average, and suites are huge.
All suites also come with wood-burning fireplaces (seasonal through April 15), complete with a fireplace butler. Fodor's named the hotel's afternoon tea service as one of Boston's best.
Guests consistently praise the accommodating and friendly staff as well as the neighborhood. Right across the street is Boston Public Garden, which within a five-minute amble reaches Boston Common. The hotel is at the end of Newbury Street, lined with some of the city's swankiest shops.
- "In true blueblood fashion, the décor is upscale, but not flashy, with richly-textured wall fabrics and tasseled drapes in a palette of beige, gold, rose and blue" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "An excellent luxury pick" -- Oyster.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available in King Suites only.
Extra bed available upon request: US$30 (plus tax, per night).
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for guests age 13 and over is 25.00 USD (subject to tax, per night) and will be added to the total price at check-out.
Extra bed available in King Suites only.
Pets are allowed on request: US$100 (plus tax, per stay).
Maximum weight of 18 kg.
A resort/facility fee of US$30 (plus tax, per night) will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The Facility Fee includes wifi, local/long distance calls (North America), press reader, fitness center, business center, morning coffee in the lobby, turndown, and shoe shine.
The Facility Fee includes wifi, local/long distance calls (North America), press reader, fitness center, business center, morning coffee in the lobby, turndown, and shoe shine.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking Fee for 53.00 USD (subject to tax), per day. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(133 Member Ratings)