$170 – Mendocino Oceanside Hotel w/$180 in Extras
Escape to the oceanside town of Fort Bragg in Mendocino County on a getaway for two that saves up to 65% on the complete package.
- What's included:
- $170 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays through May 16
- $226 per night ... most Fridays-Saturdays
- Stay in a room with a private patio and ocean views
- 2-night minimum is required for all stays
- $138 spa credit per stay toward a couples massage
- Two pints of Seasonal Craft Beer per stay at North Coast Brewing Co. ($22 value)
- Beach cruiser rentals, once per stay ($88 value)
- Daily continental breakfast
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a king room or four guests sharing a two queen room
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; cancel 3 days prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet friendly in some rooms for an additional fees; guests should contact the hotel for assistance choosing a pet-friendly room
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Why We Love It
- Beachfront hotel with cottage feel adjacent to MacKerricher State Park
- Free Wi-Fi, breakfast buffet and parking for guests
- Rooms feature balconies or patios, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, microwaves and flat-screen TVs
- One mile from Glass Beach and Skunk Train station to the redwood forests
Located just 50 yards from the beach, the Surf & Sand Lodge offers intimate, relaxed accommodations in the form of 30 guest rooms with the cozy feeling of a private beach home. Adjacent to the MacKerricher State Park coastal path, the family-owned hotel is a convenient choice for those wishing to explore the wineries, natural wonders and beaches of California’s northern coast.
Rooms feature balconies or patios, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, microwaves and flat-screen TVs. Suites are ideal for romantic getaways with luxuries like fireplaces and hot tubs. Most rooms have ocean views, offering picturesque sunsets and the chance to spot whales from the comfort of private accommodations. The pet-friendly hotel welcomes four-legged guests with treats, and there is a dog park located across the parking lot at the sister property, Beachcomber Motel.
Guests can start each day with free breakfast before renting bicycles with which to explore the nearby state park or ride along the coast. The hotel is a mile from a Skunk Train station; the line travels through redwood forest along the Noyo River. Glass Beach is a mile from the lodge, and Fort Bragg’s restaurants and art galleries are within a 20-minute walk of the property.
General Please call the hotel if you would like to bring your pet to choose a pet friendly room. Limited availability. An additional fee will apply and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
- 100% smoke-free
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to the age of 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Please call the hotel if you would like to bring your pet to choose a pet friendly room. Limited availability. An additional fee will apply and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Spa appointment subject to availability. Call hotel 707-964-2402 at time of booking to confirm your Spa appointment.
$170 / night
When You Can Go
Most Sundays-Thursdays through May 16; weekends are +$36
Getting ThereThe hotel is four hours by car from San Francisco International Airport. Free parking is available on-site for guests.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(81 Member Ratings)