$292 – Belize Jungle Villas w/Breakfast, 55% Off
This luxe eco-lodge in the middle of the San Ignacio jungle welcomes guests to relax in palm-thatched cottages while sipping sorrel flower iced tea.
- What's included:
- Stay most dates through Nov. 14
- $292 per night ... Cottage Collection
- $422 per night ... Macal Cottage featuring two private terraces with hammocks and an outdoor Jacuzzi
- $537 per night ... Spa Villa with three bedrooms and a full kitchen
- Daily breakfast for two (reg. $22)
- Wi-Fi, canoeing, hiking, guided tour of the butterfly exhibit, early morning bird walk, plus access to natural history center, Maya medicinal plant trail and infinity swimming pool
- Price is based on two adults sharing a room
- Additional adults are $75 per night
- Cottage Collection sleeps up to three, Macal Cottage fits three and the Spa Villa sleeps up to six (select five guests when booking)
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary self-parking
- Not pet-friendly
What you need to know:
"The gracefully landscaped grounds ... are magnificent" -- Fodor's
Why We Love It
- This ecolodge is set in a 400-acre private nature reserve in Cayo, "the heart of Belize's Mayan world" (Frommer's)
- The Mayan site of Xunantunich is 30 minutes away by car & ferry
- The restaurant's ingredients are sourced from the organic farm on site
- All guests get free Wi-Fi, canoeing, birdwatching walks & hiking tours
Chaa Creek Eco Lodge has come a long way from its beginnings as a basic rainforest lodge in 1981. With 400 acres of private rainforest, welcoming staff and an eco-friendly spa, the resort is now "consistently rated among the best lodges in Belize", says Lonely Planet.
The lodge is in the foothills of Mayan mountains, 20 kilometres from the border with Guatemala. It is in the Cayo district -- "the heart of Belize's Mayan world", according to Frommer's. Xunantunich, "one of Belize's most easily accessible and impressive Maya archaeological sites" (Lonely Planet), is 30 minutes away by car and ferry. One of the largest burial chambers to be discovered in Belize was uncovered here in July, 2016. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from San Ignacio, the nearest town, and two hours from Belize City and the international airport.
The resort's on-site facilities include an infinity pool, a spa, a bar and a restaurant that gets many of its ingredients from the reserve's 33-acre farm. There are plenty of free activities on offer, such as early-morning bird walks, hiking along the resort's medicinal trail and canoeing the Macal River, where toucans, iguanas and monkeys can be spotted. There's also a Natural History Center, a butterfly exhibit and a woodworking shop on site, and guests can borrow binoculars for birdwatching. The resort is focused on sustainability, and 10% of its revenue goes to help the local community.
The thatched-roof Cottage Collection properties are decorated with locally made fabrics, and each has its own sun terrace. Treetop Suites have a Jacuzzi on the veranda and offer views into the treetops, where toucans, parrots and kingfishers live. The rooms don't have TVs or air conditioning, but there are fans.
- "Belize's original eco-lodge" -- Afar Magazine
- "A state-of-the-art hilltop spa provides all levels of pampering" -- Lonely Planet
- "Service is very friendly and personable" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra person charge is $75 (subject to tax) per person per night for the 3rd and 4th persons. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra bed available upon request: free of charge.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra person charge is $75 (subject to tax) per person per night for the 3rd and 4th persons. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$292 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates through Nov. 14
Getting ThereThe lodge is a 2-hour drive from Belize City International Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(10 Member Ratings)