$317 – Weekends at DC's Posh Watergate Hotel, 40% Off
This infamous 5-star hotel is centrally located on the Potomac River between Georgetown and the National Mall. Travelzoo members can stay for up to 40% off, including a dining credit to use at any of the property's restaurants -- we recommend cocktails on the rooftop terrace.
- What's included:
- Stay in Deluxe King through Sept. 9; Nov. 15 - Feb. 28
- $317 per night ... most Fridays-Sundays
- $364-$472 per night ... most Mondays-Thursdays
- Includes a $41 food-and-beverage credit, once per stay
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional guests can stay for $85 per person, per night
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $78 per night; the fee covers access to the indoor pool, fitness center, car service, bike rentals and morning coffee in the lobby
- These rates are nonrefundable; refundable reservations are available for $85 more per night
- Valet parking is $120 per night with unlimited in and out privileges
- Pet-friendly; domestic pets up to 50 pounds stay for no extra cost
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: While you're on the property, save up to 35% at the beer garden and spa.
"Back and arguably better than ever" -- Forbes Travel Guide
Why We Love It
- This iconic waterfront hotel reopened in 2016 after $125 million renovation
- Embraces its infamous history with tongue-in-cheek details like keycards marked “No Need to Break In”
- Staff uniforms by "Mad Men" costume designer recall fashions of the 1970s
- The rooftop bar overlooks the Potomac River with "some of the best views in Washington" (Washington Post)
Recently reopened after a $125 million renovation, the Watergate is moving from infamous to just-plain-famous as Washington's newest 5-star destination hotel. Featuring a restaurant and three bars, afternoon tea service, an indoor pool and a full-service spa and salon, the hotel is "a legend ... sleek, sexy and ready to wow" (Gayot).
Rooms were revamped with modern comforts like 48-inch flat-panel televisions, floor-to-ceiling marble bathrooms and Nespresso coffemakers. Wi-Fi is complimentary in all rooms and public areas. All accommodations have balconies with views of the city or river and are designed with sleek, mid-century furnishings and dark wood accents. And yes -- you can even book "The Scandal Room," which has been redesigned in '60s mod furnishings and historical memorabilia by Lyn Paolo, designer for the TV show "Scandal."
Original features like a grand marble staircase and mosaic-tiled saltwater pool have been restored while new additions to the property include a contemporary bar where whiskey isn’t just for drinking, but fine bottles circle the room in eye-watching design. The Kingbird restaurant serves French-American fusion while Top of the Gate serves craft cocktails with stunning rooftop views of the Kennedy Center, Potomac River, Washington Monument and the D.C. skyline.
- "New luxury digs inside a building infamous for its role in presidential history" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Decor is sleek and chic...recent guests lauded the impeccable design" -- U.S. News & World Report
- "The hotel's stylishly modern guest rooms ... have some of Washington's most Instagram-worthy views" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Cribs are available on request (and based on availability) free of charge for children up to age 2 in Deluxe King, Deluxe King with Balcony, Premier King with Balcony, One-Bedroom Suite and One-Bedroom Suite with Balcony only.
Extra bed available on request (and based on availability) for one child up to age 12 in Premier King with Balcony, One-Bedroom Suite, One-Bedroom Suite with Balcony only free of charge.
Extra bed available on request (and based on availability) for one adult in Premier King with Balcony, One-Bedroom Suite, One-Bedroom Suite with Balcony only: $50 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be applied by hotel.
Extra person charge is $30 (subject to tax), per person, per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cribs are available on request (and based on availability) free of charge for children up to age 2 in Deluxe King, Deluxe King with Balcony, Premier King with Balcony, One-Bedroom Suite and One-Bedroom Suite with Balcony only.
Pets: Pets (dogs, cats, and domestic pets - maximum weight: 50 pounds) are allowed on request, free of charge. Conditions and restrictions apply.
A resort/facility fee of US$28.70 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes;
The resort fee includes;
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking (with in/out privileges) for $52.00 per night. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
$317 / night
When You Can Go
Travel through Sept. 9; Nov. 15 - Feb. 28
Getting ThereThe hotel is 4.5 miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Guests can expect to pay approximately $20 in cab fare to reach the destination or ride the Metro’s Blue Line for 30 minutes to the Foggy Bottom station.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(29 Member Ratings)