Ojai Valley Inn
Why We Love It
- Recipient of the AAA 5-Diamond award for more than a decade and Forbes 4-Star distinction
- Had its beginnings as a private country club and golf course in 1923
- With the resorts’ unique setting, along an east-west mountain range, it showcases brilliant sunsets
- While secluded, the resort is easily accessible from Los Angeles or Santa Barbara
"The quintessential Ojai escape " -- Timeout Los Angeles
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Smooth, bright adobe buildings and red-tile roofs pop on the background of a mountain range running east and west behind the Ojai Valley Inn. The historic resort was built in the pristine beauty of rural land, and has since earned distinctions as one of the top five resorts in Southern California by Conde Nast Traveler (2016). It’s played host to politicians and celebrities alike, and serves as an ideal romantic retreat for couples, while also being a great getaway spot for families.
Start the day off at Oak Grill with breakfast selections like brioche French toast, a three-egg omelette and fresh-squeezed orange juice. The restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner, and guests dining alfresco can take in views of the 200-year-old oak trees surrounding the area. There are additional dining and cocktail-sipping options on site.
Whether your interests lie in outdoor activities or an art class, the resort delivers in spades. Swing clubs at the Golf Course at Ojai Valley or schedule a treatment at Spa Ojai then kick back in guest room with 300-count Egyptian cotton bedding and cozy bathrobes.
- “Situated in a mountain valley that aptly portrayed Shangri-la in the 1937 film Lost Horizon” -- Travel + Leisure
- “The property inspires with its picturesque 220 undulating acres surrounded by mountains” -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "The quintessential Ojai escape for Los Angelenos seeking a relaxing break from hectic city life" -- TimeOut Los Angeles
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Crib available on request, free of charge for children under 2.
Extra bed available on request for children up up age 5.
Extra bed available on request for adults and in king rooms only: $25 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged on checkout: $150 for the first dog, $50 for the second dog with a two-dog maximum per room.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A resort fee of $35 per night (subject to tax) applies; it includes guest room Internet, valet and self-parking, business center access, fitness center access to include Mind & Body classes, golf practice facilities such as driving range, chipping & putting green, use of tennis courts, access to Camp Oak facilities and equipment outside of camp hours.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.