$235 – Fairmont Montebello Stay w/Dining Credit, 55% Off
Stays at this "spectacular hotel," which is "touted as the largest log cabin in the world" (Fodor's), are now up to 55% off and include up to $120 in on-site credits.
- What's included:
- $235 per night ... Oct. 21-25, 28-31; Nov. 1, 4-8, 11-12, 18-21, 25-29; Dec. 2-4, 9-11, 16-21
- $273 per night ... through Sept. 25, 30; Oct. 1, 2, 4, 8-9, 14, 16; Dec. 12
- Accommodations in a Fairmont King, Fairmont Queen or Fairmont Two Double
- $20 dining credit per night on a dinner at Aux Chantignoles (closed Monday-Tuesday) or Bistro La Seigneurie
- $20 credit per person toward a regular-priced massage or facial of 60 minutes or more
- $20 credit per person toward an 18-hole round of golf (cannot be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to seasonal availability)
- $20 credit on curling sheet rental of one hour or more
- Note: The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations through Dec. 11; the renovation area is closed off, however guests may encounter noise disturbances and minor changes on site between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$84 per guest, per night; up to two children ages 17 and under can share the room at no additional charge when using existing bedding; do not include children in the total number of guests when booking
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $31.04 inclusive of tax per night; the fee covers parking, Wi-Fi and a long list of family-friendly activities, like water sports, mini golf and access to the swimming pools, sauna and Jacuzzi
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Make it a golf or spa getaway; we've negotiated a golf package ($99 for two players) and spa packages ($119 for an RMT massage and much more) for savings of 30-55%.
Why We Love It
- Conde Nast Traveller named it one of the top 10 hotels in all of Canada in 2017
- Historic CAA 4-Diamond cedar log cabin, host to royalty and celebrities
- On-site activities, including cross country and curling in the winter, canoeing and cycling in the summer, and indoor tennis and hiking all year
- Restaurant Aux Chantignoles earns 4 stars on TripAdvisor and 4.2 on OpenTable
- Indoor pool, fitness centre and spacious spa with eight treatment rooms, including a couples suite
Sitting on the Ottawa River, this CAA 4-Diamond hotel is the world's largest log structure. The centrepiece is the impressive hexagonal rotunda with a 19-metre stone fireplace.
Founded in 1930, this rustic hotel is still beaming with charm. From the sprawling grounds to the chalet-inspired decor of small but comfortable rooms, Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello is memorable inside and out.
On-site dining options vary; fine dining at Aux Chantignoles for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. There's also the Bistro La Seigneurie, which is open daily from 5:30-11 p.m., and serves up bistro fare and cocktails.
The hotel's spa has registered massage therapists and offers treatments such as maple sugar body scrubs and green blanket body wraps. Guests can also relax around the fireplace in the Salon La Clairiere. Adjacent, the 23-metre indoor heated pool is encompassed by red cedar logs and floor-to-ceiling windows.
The resort has a host of activities included in the $31.04 inclusive of tax per night resort fee, ranging from stand-up paddle boarding and pedal boating in the warmer months to snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter. There's also mini golf and tons of family-friendly fun, like on-site movie nights on weekends.
- “Inspired by the chateaux of the Swiss Alps, this 1930 resort on the Ottawa River was built with 10,000 giant red cedar logs, all cut and set by hand” -- Conde Nast Traveller
- "A spectacular hotel touted as the largest log cabin in the world" -- Fodor's
- It has a "top-shelf golf course and record-holding indoor pool" -- Oyster
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds not available in the Fairmont Two Double bed rooms.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: free of charge.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for guests age 18 and over is CAD$40.00 (subject to tax, per night) and will be added to the total price at check-out.
Extra beds not available in the Fairmont Two Double bed rooms.
Pets: Pets (up to 2 per room) are allowed on request, and will be charged CA$45 (subject to tax) per room, per night. Not allowed in public areas and cannot be left alone in the room. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A resort/facility fee of C$31.04 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes year round and seasonal amenities. All listed activities are weather permitting and subject to availability.
Year Round Amenities includes Unlimited business Internet access, local and toll-free calls, Self-service parking (1 car), Indoor Tennis (balls and rackets, advanced reservations required), Supervised films for children (weekends and school breaks), and Treasure Hunt.
Summer Amenities include Mini-golf, Outdoor tennis (balls and rackets), Daily family activities during school breaks, Horseshoes, Volleyball, Basketball, Croquet, Badminton, Bicycles and helmets, Canoeing, Kayaking, Stand-up paddle board, Pedal boat and Life jackets.
Winter Amenities include: 42 km of groomed cross country trails, 2 outdoor ice rinks, including one artificial, Daily activities during school breaks, Hockey sticks and pucks, Curling Clinics for beginners (as scheduled), Disc Golf, Cross country skis and equipment, Skates and Snowshoes.
For more information, please view this link to the hotel site:
This fee includes year round and seasonal amenities. All listed activities are weather permitting and subject to availability.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello is undergoing an extensive renovation project this fall, as of September 4th, to debut the rooms and suites transformation. As part of this project, even though the renovation area is completely isolated, guests may encounter noise disturbances and minor changes on site between 8:30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Up to 55% off
$235 / night
When You Can Go
Options from Sept. 23 - Dec. 21
Getting ThereFairmont Le Chateau Montebello is an hour's drive from Ottawa and less than two hours from Montreal.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(168 Member Ratings)