Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations
Why We Love It
- Lodge on Native American reservation styled after longhouse and tepee
- Rooms have balconies with river views and are decorated with authentic crafts
- Bicycles are available to rent and guests can join canoe, helicopter or fishing tours
- On-site museum is filled with traditional artifacts and is free for guests
"Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations is bound to surprise and please the whole family" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Visitors can walk in the footsteps of the First Nations tribe when staying at the Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations. Located on a forested section of the First Nations reservation, Wendake, the themed hotel is just 15 minutes from downtown Quebec City but is a calm escape from city life with buildings resembling a longhouse and tepee surrounded by gardens, hiking trails and a river winding through the property. Guests of the hotel receive complimentary admission to the adjoining museum where they can examine artifacts and take part in family-activity programs.
All rooms have balconies overlooking the Akiawenrahk River and are decorated with pelts, dream catchers and striking aboriginal woodwork. These traditional crafts are complimented by modern conveniences like free Wi-Fi, Keurig coffee makers, flat-screen televisions, iPod docking stations and mini refrigerators.
Guests can join snowshoe tours, fish in the river, canoe or ride along in a helicopter. Bicycles are available for half or full day rentals and the concierge can arrange daytrips to visit nearby Huron landmarks. La Traite Restaurant’s menu specializes in Native American cuisine including red deer, dried seal and smoked mackerel. At the Nation-Santé Spa, a waterfall, heated walkways, a fire pit and time-out yurt help guests find zen.
- "It is a destination in itself, with the benefit of proximity to the city as well" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Soothing river sounds and woodsy landscaping make this the ideal spot for relaxation" -- Fodor’s
- "Once here, you’ll find everything you need to decompress" -- Frommer’s
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: CAD 18.50 for adults and CAD 9.25 for children (approximately)
- Pet deposit: CAD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: CAD 10.0 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 10.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 100.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.