$340 – Costa Rica's No. 1 Luxury Resort: 65% Off Suites
Named Central America’s No. 1 hotel in the Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, this 5-star mountain retreat in Costa Rica seamlessly combines luxury and nature. Travelzoo members save up to 60% on suite stays into 2019.
- What's included:
- Accommodations for two in a Deluxe King Suite
- $340 per night ... through Dec. 19; May-September
- $470 per night ... Jan. 4 - April 30
- Upgraded casitas with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs are also discounted
- Daily breakfast for two at Ambar Terrace (reg. $34 per person)
- $34 resort credit per stay to use on food-and-beverage, the spa or activities
- Room rate based on two adults; children up to age 12 stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Reservations require a one-night deposit at the time of booking; rates are refundable
- No matter where you book, a daily resort fee of 11.3% is due upon checkout; this covers Wi-Fi; a welcome cocktail; in-room snack and refreshment center; daily in-room coffee; use of fitness center, steam and sauna; daily scheduled activities; valet parking; and resort tote bag
- The resort is not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Check out the Travelzoo blog for more details on this amazing property.
Why We Love It
- Spread over 860 acres of a former coffee farm, the resort is a nature-lovers paradise
- At 20,000 square feet, its spa is the largest in Central America and includes its own hydrotherapy center
- Casita private dining can be arranged for families or small gatherings
If you think Costa Rica is all about its beaches, think again. Hacienda AltaGracia, the first Auberge resort in Central America, is tucked high among the mountains of Pérez Zeledón -- one of the last unexplored areas in southern Costa Rica. Guest rooms are spacious and all have terraces that overlook the mountains or San Isidro Valley.
This luxury resort boasts numerous activities including a Spa and its own 28-stable equestrian center, where guests can take a tour and hop on a horse for a ride through the mountains and rain forest. The hotel also offers ultralight aircraft tours in which guests sit back while an expert pilot takes off from the resort’s own landing strip, and glides high in the sky offering aerial views of the surrounding area. After a day of exploration, refresh in either the indoor or outdoor pool and hot tub. The outdoor pool also offers great mountain views.
The resort has multiple dining options on property including Ambar, La Cantina and El Bistro, which all embrace a farm-to-fork concept inspired by locally sourced ingredients.
- "This 864-acre property -- the first Auberge Resort in Central America -- brings glamour and luxury to an otherwise rugged terrain" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "Grants new access to a relatively unknown region of Costa Rica" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available on request and in the Premium Casita, Master Casita and Two Bedroom only: $50 (subject to tax) per night.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra person charge for the Deluxe Queen Suite and Two Bedroom Casita is $75 (subject to tax) per person, per night, for each occupant over 2. Extra person charge for the Premium and Master Casita is $125 (subject to tax) per person, per night, for each occupant over 2.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra bed available on request and in the Premium Casita, Master Casita and Two Bedroom only: $50 (subject to tax) per night.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A resort/facility fee of 11.3% inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The Resort Fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$340 / night
When You Can Go
Through Dec. 19; Jan. 4 - April 30
Getting ThereHacienda AltaGracia is located in San Isidro del General. The resort can easily be accessed via a short flight on Sansa Airlines from San Jose International Airport to San Isidro Airport, which is located just 35 minutes from the resort. Alternatively, guests can also reach the resort via one of its private planes, which depart from San Jose International Airport and Liberia International Airport. Guests who choose to arrive by car can take a 3.5-hour scenic mountain drive from San Jose airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(37 Member Ratings)