Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Why We Love It
- U.S. News & World Report named this AAA 4-Diamond hotel among the Best Hotels in Chicago (2016)
- Kimpton-brand perks include a complimentary wine social each night, pet amenities, freebies for kids and morning coffee and tea service
- The 17th-floor indoor heated pool is open all year long with great skyline views
- Steps from the Mag Mile and a short ride away from Navy Pier
"Plenty of perks and a stylish sensibility in Chicago's artsy River North" -- Gayot
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Staying at the AAA 4-Diamond Palomar Chicago places guests just three blocks from the Magnificent Mile and four blocks from the Loop. The hotel is ideally located for those in town to experience Chicago’s best shopping, nightlife and cultural offerings.
Rooms have dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows, pillow menus and artwork inspired by the Chicago World's Fair, while spa suites feature deep jetted soaking tubs with room for two along with a separate shower. The hotel hosts a complimentary nightly wine hour around its glass-enclosed fireplace, and Wi-Fi is free for members of Kimpton Karma Rewards, which is free to join.
Despite its location in hip, clubby River North, the hotel is quite family-friendly, catering to families with kids by featuring in-room safety kits and rentable strollers as well as families with pets by offering dog beds and treats with no pet size restrictions. Guest rooms also feature yoga mats with special exercise programs available via the hotel's TV programming.
The hotel's top floor is home to the property’s indoor heated pool (also a favorite of visiting families) and a 24-hour fitness center, both of which feature great skyline views of the city.
- "Sophisticated but inviting ... the floor-to-ceiling city views are captivating" -- The Telegraph (UK)
- "Known for its kids’ happy hour ... goes the extra mile to make families feel welcome" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Tucked into the spacious and beautiful Hotel Palomar, Sable Kitchen & Bar is a sleek, sultry, and sophisticated number" -- Michelin Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age to check-in is 18.
Minimum age to check-in is 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds allowed in the suites only. Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax) per person, per night.
Extra bed available upon request: US$20 (plus tax, per night).
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds allowed in the suites only. Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax) per person, per night.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: free of charge.
A Valet Parking Fee of $62 (subject to tax) per night applies and will be added to your bill. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property. Unlimited in & out privileges valid until 2pm on day of departure.
NOTE: If you book the Travelzoo Deal - Flexible Rate or the Travelzoo Deal - Non-Refundable Rate the Valet Parking Fee is only $35 (subject to tax) per night.
Internet access is complimentary for Kimpton Karma Rewards members. For non-members it is $12.99 (subject to tax) per day for standard access or $14.99 (subject to tax) per day for high speed. Charges will be applied by hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(57 Member Ratings)