Why We Love It
- Belle Epoque townhouse turned boutique hotel in ritzy Recoleta
- Features a rooftop plunge pool with adjacent cognac and cigar bar
- Restaurant menu and wine list sourced from hotel’s own vineyard
- Luxe décor including suede walls, silk curtains and Italian marble
"Every detail of this hotel makes it clear that your comfort is of the utmost importance" -- Fodor’s
Rooms & Rates
For a romantic retreat in Recoleta, one of the city’s most affluent residential districts, visitors to Buenos Aires and well-to-do locals slip off to the 10-room Algodon Mansion. Housed in a 1912 French classical townhouse, a three-year renovation in 2010 turned the landmark property into the most exclusive boutique hotel in town.
Before arrival, a concierge contacts guests to prepare a personalized itinerary that begins with a welcome drink and massage in the spa as staff unpacks belongings. Understated elegance includes rich decorations like suede walls, silk curtains and bathrooms outfitted in Italian marble and French limestone. Rooms have parquet floors, Egyptian cotton bedding, temperature-controlled wine racks, bookcases lined with Argentinean photography volumes and mini bars stocked with free goodies. Marble bathrooms include 80-jet showers and bathtubs with underwater speakers.
The teak rooftop deck features a small pool surrounded by lounge chairs. The ground-floor restaurant serves a seasonal menu sourcing ingredients and wine pairings from the hotel’s vineyard estate near Mendoza, the country’s wine region. The rooftop’s cognac and cigar bar is the perfect spot to unwind after dinner.
Algodon’s ritzy neighborhood is home to La Recoleta Cemetery, one of the city’s top tourist attractions and final resting place of Argentina’s presidents, Nobel Prize winners and iconic First Lady Eva Perón.
- "There’s little glitz or glamour; rather, the luxe setting is more refined" -- AFAR
- "Visually impressive mise-en-scènes that exude a quiet sense of wealth" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "This luxe boutique delivers a high-end experience with nonchalant aplomb" -- Travel + Leisure
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: ARS 480 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ARS 1400 per vehicle (one way)
- Pet fee: ARS 150 per pet
- Rollaway bed fee: ARS 2400 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- The 21% national VAT (value-added tax) is not included in the price, and will be charged at the property upon check-out for all citizens of Argentina. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. To qualify for a tax exemption, tourists must present a valid passport and pay for the services rendered with a non-Argentine credit card or via bank transfer from another country. This tax exemption does not apply for stays over 90 days. In the case of cancelled bookings, the cancellation penalties paid by the traveler will also be subject to the national VAT (21%).
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.