Faena Hotel Buenos Aires
Why We Love This Hotel
- Former mill turned hip boutique hotel in trendy Puerto Madero
- Wine cellar offers more than 500 labels
- Coldplay's Chris Martin and local rock legend Charly Garcia have performed in the lounge
- Pets (up to 11 pounds) are permitted at no extra cost
Guests are given star treatment the moment they enter Faena Hotel Buenos Aires. Top-hatted doormen usher visitors onto the red carpet often lined with the beautiful people of Buenos Aires. Once a storage mill, the renovated property is now home to two top-notch restaurants, one of the hottest bars in town and a basement cabaret with nightly tango shows. Upon arrival guests issued cell phones so “experience managers” can attend to their every whim.
El Mercado serves authentic asado barbecue and El Bistro is a glamorous all-white dining room where traditional Argentine recipes are presented in inventive ways under sparkling chandeliers. The Library Lounge hosts DJs and live music, and celebrities like Coldplay’s Christ Martin have shown up to play the lounge’s baby grand.
Rooms are fashioned in dramatic Belle Époque design with red velvet curtains, white leather furniture and gold accents. Most rooms include claw foot tubs, glass-walled bathrooms and large picture windows looking out at the skyline.
An open-air courtyard of manicured trees and red umbrellas surrounds the pool with a gold crown as its centerpiece. The property’s spa specializes in holistic treatments in a space including a hammam, sauna, beauty parlor and fitness center.
The hotel is in Puerto Madero, the riverfront barrio home to brick warehouses refurbished as restaurants, boutiques and some of the city’s most expensive real estate. The Faena Arts Center is a five-minute walk from the hotel and the historic center of San Telmo is a five-minute cab ride.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 195 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 100.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- The 21% national VAT (value-added tax) is not included in the price, and will be charged at the property upon check-out for all citizens of Argentina. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. To qualify for a tax exemption, tourists must present a valid passport and pay for the services rendered with a non-Argentine credit card or via bank transfer from another country. This tax exemption does not apply for stays over 90 days. In the case of cancelled bookings, the cancellation penalties paid by the traveler will also be subject to the national VAT (21%).
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.