Santa Teresa Hotel RJ MGallery by Sofitel
Why We Love It
- Chic hotel in artistic neighborhood and a favorite of visiting celebrities
- Rio’s only Relais & Châteaux property
- Glam pool has a Veuve Clicquot champagne bar
- Near tourist attractions including Christ the Redeemer and Escadaria Selarón
"Probably the finest boutique hotel in Rio" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Perched in the hills overlooking Rio de Janeiro’s world famous beaches, the Hotel Santa Teresa is nestled in a charming bohemian neighborhood on an 18th century coffee plantation. The Santa Teresa area is a charming alternative to the beach, filled with cobblestone streets, colonial mansions and ateliers, and a favorite of local artists as well as visiting celebrities including Richard Branson, Snoop Dogg and Alanis Morissette.
Surrounded by rain forest, the property is decorated with Brazilian art set against unparalleled views of the city, mountains and Guanabara Bay. Natural elements embellish the hotel’s interior as well with reclaimed wood, tropical plants and bamboo incorporated into the rustic-chic design. Guestrooms have white walls, wood furnishings and cool touches like silk drapes, shuttered windows and slate showers to combat the South American heat. Rooms are equipped with LCD televisions, free Wi-Fi, king size beds, marble tubs and some have private verandas.
Térèze, the on-site restaurant serving Brazilian-French fusion, is considered one of the best restaurants in Rio. A wide terrace lined with canopied chaises embraces the pool and the adjacent Veuve Clicquot champagne bar is set against a backdrop of Rio’s skyline. The hotel’s spa offers outdoor treatment rooms, a relaxation area and saunas.
The concierge can arrange diverse excursions from helicopter tours over the city to rock climbing on Sugarloaf Mountain.
- "Location is ideal area for travelers keen to discover Rio's artistic side" -- Fodor's
- "One of the most tranquil locations to be found in the city" -- TimeOut Rio de Janeiro
- "An eclectic mix of indigenous art and modern Brazilian design" -- Frommer’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet fee: BRL 50,00 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: BRL 300,00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: BRL 7 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.