$146 – Virginia's 'Dirty Dancing' Mountain Resort, 60% Off
It's back! This member-favorite property, made famous as the filming site for "Dirty Dancing," is discounting stays by 60% this summer, including July 4, exclusively for Travelzoo members.
- What's included:
- Travel through Sept. 4, 2018
- $146 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays
- $206 per night ... select Fridays-Saturdays (2-night minimum stay)
- Upgrade to a family suite for $59 more per night
- $34 dining credit, once per day
- $67 daily credit to use toward activities on site
- For guests staying over July 2, enjoy BBQ on the front lawn, live music starting at 5:30 p.m. and fireworks starting at dark
- Price based on up to four guests sharing a room
- Children 4 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $15 per day
- Pet-friendly, subject to availability in select rooms, for $111 plus tax per stay
What you need to know:
Why We Love It
- Family-friendly activities on site include Sky Slide, Treetop Adventures, movie nights, arts and crafts and scavenger hunts
- Over 22 miles of scenic hiking and biking trails -- guided hikes and walking tours offered
- Travelzoo members enjoyed their stays here, noting "the staff were all friendly and as helpful as possible"
Close to the Appalachian Trail, the Mountain Lake Lodge has been in business since before the Civil War and has welcomed guests since the 1930s.
Movie buffs will recognize the sandstone face of the Mountain Lake Lodge as the resort featured in the film "Dirty Dancing," but in recent years, the Lodge has reinvented itself as an adventure destination. With 22 miles of hiking and biking trails, fishing, rafting and kayaking on the New River or exploring the treetops in a zip-line aerial adventure, there's lots for guests to explore. Note that a number of activities require additional fees, but complimentary activities include lawn chess, shuffleboard, bocce and use of the outdoor pool and hot tub.
Rooms offer king, queen or twin beds. North Side rooms feature views of the property's expansive front lawn, and Suites add a sitting area and jetted bathtub. It's worth mentioning that because the lodge is meant to be a true getaway and an older property, rooms do not include televisions or air conditioners (fans are included in all rooms). However, between exploring the outdoors, dining at Harvest, the farm-to-table restaurant, and chatting around the fireplace in the lobby or over drinks at the Stony Creek Tavern, you should be able to get along without it.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Games room
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 4 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request: US$75 plus tax, per stay. Pets maximum weight: 75 pounds. Pet rooms are subject to availability in select rooms. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets maximum weight: 75 pounds. Pet rooms are subject to availability in select rooms. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Fees: The hotel offers Self-Parking for $10.00 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Outdoor pool and hot tub open seasonally and weather permitting, from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The Adventure Center is open weather permitting and on weekends only.
$146 / night
When You Can Go
Midweek through Sept. 4; $206 per night for weekends
Getting ThereMountain Lake Lodge is approximately three hours from Charlotte, three and a half hours from Richmond, and five hours from Columbus and Washington, D.C.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(161 Member Ratings)