Pier House Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- A prime location on Key West: propped up on piers over the water with a private beach
- At the end of lively Duval Street, peacefully removed -- but not too far from nightlife
- Spread over several buildings, each room offers a different but 4-star experience; Upgrading to an ocean facing room is recommended
- A former haunt of Truman Capote; an early venue for Jimmy Buffett
"The envy of every hotel on the island” -- Frommer’s
Rooms & Rates
The closest the continental U.S. gets to the tropics, Key West has all the warm breeze of the Caribbean without the far commute. In an ideal spot on the island’s northwest corner, the Pier House Resort boasts a private beach on one side, and Duval Street nightlife on the other. Opened in the 1960s by a friend of Truman Capote, the resort has expanded and upgraded over the decades, filling several waterfront buildings with rooms that all have individual touches. Some have four-poster beds and rainfall showers or sitting areas and private balconies. Some have views of the harbor, some look out at the beach.
The private piece of sand opens to a roped-off rectangle of sea for splashing about. Elsewhere, there’s an outdoor pool, a café on a patio over the water, and an al fresco bar that hosted some of Jimmy Buffett’s first performances. A full-service spa offers milk-and-honey body wraps, lava stone therapy, and paraffin wax skin treatments.
With an address of 1 Duval Street, the resort is quite literally the start of Key West’s well-known nightlife scene. As the street heads south, it passes many top bars and restaurants. The resort also neighbors Mallory Square, which has more restaurants and shops as well as an aquarium. Harry S. Truman’s Little White House is only a few blocks away, a breezy retreat that served as the winter White House in the 1940s and ‘50s.
- “Pier House is an ideal choice. Its location -- at the foot of Duval Street and just steps from Mallory Docks -- is the envy of every hotel on the island” -- Frommer’s
- “The courtyard is riotous with tall coconut palms and hibiscus blossoms, and rooms are cozy and colorful” -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for one child under 2 years of age. Extra bed available on request: $35 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.