$162 – Iconic 4-Star Galveston Hotel through December
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Galveston's Hotel Galvez, just steps from the gulf's shore, has played host to many famous guests over the years, including Frank Sinatra and Teddy Roosevelt. Find out what the buzz has been about (since 1911) at this historic property, where Travelzoo members exclusively save 35% through December.
"Grande dame on a Texas beach" -- Travel + Leisure
- Stay in a City View King or Two Doubles, Aug. 18 - Dec. 31
- $162 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays
- $326 per night ... most Fridays-Saturdays
- Upgrade to a room with a partial view of the gulf for +$33
- Additional dates through Aug. 17 are also on sale
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable; flexible rates start at +$49 per night
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $14, and valet parking is $26, plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Dating back to 1911, this iconic hotel is known as "Queen of the Gulf"
- The large outdoor pool and swim-up bar is surrounded by vine-covered columns and lounge chairs
- Complimentary shuttle and courtesy bicycles are available for island exploration
Known as "Queen of the Gulf," Hotel Galvez & Spa is an iconic property that has graced the Texas coastline for over 100 years. Attracting both couples and families, this AAA 4-Diamond hotel is across the street from the beach, where "there’s no sign of the area’s rowdy spring-break scene" (Travel + Leisure).
Celebrating the building's original architecture, guestrooms are on the smaller side, but their amenities "are as modern as they come" (U.S. News) and include complimentary Wi-Fi, docking stations and Simmons Smart Beds.
Named one of the Top 100 Brunch Restaurants in America by OpenTable diners, Galvez Bar & Grill is the go-to for local seafood and a renowned Sunday Champagne Brunch. Guests can enjoy poolside cocktails and Texas-style bites at the seasonal swim-up bar and grill.
A full menu of services is available at the tranquil day spa, but the true hub of relaxation is the outdoor area, boasting an expansive saltwater pool, whirlpool and plenty of lounge chairs.
To explore off-site attractions, the hotel offers bicycle rentals and a courtesy shuttle to the Strand Historic District and Pier 21.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bed available upon request: US$20 plus tax, per night.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at US$100 plus tax per pet per stay. Maximum 2 pets per room.
Maximum weight: 10 kg.
Maximum 2 pets per room.
Car park fee: US$10 plus tax per day. There is an additional cost for oversize vehicles.
Valet service fee: US$18 plus tax per day.
There is an additional cost for oversize vehicles.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$162 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(230 Member Ratings)