Palace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Why We Love It
- San Francisco’s oldest luxury hotel underwent an extensive 2015 renovation
- This regal, AAA 4-Diamond property has hosted eight presidents and countless celebrities
- The indoor pool with glass rotunda offers views of the city's skyline
- There's an on-site Ghirardelli chocolate shop accessible via the lobby
“This upscale landmark hotel built in 1875 is aptly named” – Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Palace Hotel opened its doors in 1875 as the largest, most expensive hotel in the world. Fresh off a $40 million renovation, San Francisco’s oldest luxury hotel maintains historic touches like vintage mailboxes, a spiral staircase and Austrian crystal chandeliers in the Garden Court’s gold atrium.
Created with royal guests in mind, the Garden Court is the hotel’s crown jewel. Eighty-thousand panes of stained glass filter a rainbow of sunlight over marble columns and sparkling chandeliers, where brunch and afternoon tea are served. The fourth floor is home to an indoor pool under a restored, sky-lit ceiling showcasing the San Francisco skyline. A gilded doorway from the lobby leads to hotel’s on-site Ghirardelli shop.
Accommodations are surprisingly big with crown moldings and 11-foot ceilings making the spaces seem even larger. The renovated guest rooms feature ivory tufted leather headboards, jewel-toned throw pillows, nightstands inspired by vintage travel trunks and all-white marble baths with walk-in showers.
The downtown hotel is just minutes from Embarcadero Ferry Building, Chinatown, Union Square, cable cars and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- “Last summer’s epic restoration breathed new life into an historic landmark” -- Travel + Leisure
- “Enter the Palace Hotel and its stunning Garden Court, and you might think you’ve stepped into a Parisian castle” -- Frommer’s
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 150 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 8.00 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 8 per hour (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD $72 to $84 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 55 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.