The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Why We Love It
- A peaceful Mediterranean villa-inspired hideaway overlooking the Pacific
- Stroll the Cliff Walk Path, which extends along the southern edge of the property
- The four-level spa is rated 4 stars by Forbes Travel Guide and offers complimentary yoga and Pilates classes
- Direct access to a golden-sand beach
"A gorgeous setting for relaxing retreats" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The stone courtyard with pristine fountains gives guests a peaceful feeling upon arrival at the Bacara Resort & Spa -- an oceanfront getaway on the Gaviota Coast about 40 minutes southeast of the Santa Ynez Mountains. The lobby evokes an expansive Mediterranean villa with wood-beamed ceilings, rounded doorways and outdoor terraces with plush furniture surrounding the fireplace.
Along with beach access, the resort is also close to hiking trails. Guests are often found relaxing by one of three zero-edge saline pools while they admire the ocean. For the ultimate experience in unwinding, schedule a treatment at Spa at Bacara, which spans four levels and boasts a 3,500-square-foot fitness center with complimentary yoga and Pilates classes.
Each guest room has a furnished private balcony or patio, and bathrooms have marble showers and deep soaking tubs. Some villas have ocean views and fireplaces.
Note: Guests are responsible for a $25 nightly hospitality services fee that covers a bottle of select wine, two bottles of water, use of the resort’s spa and fitness center and basic Internet access. This fee will be added to the bill when checking out at the hotel.
- "The Bacara Resort & Spa ...has all the essentials of a luxury, seaside resort -- a spa, the two golf courses, two infinity pools, four fine dining venues and, of course, dramatic Pacific views" -- U.S. News & World Report
- "The Bacara provides a gorgeous setting for relaxing retreats" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Two children ages 16 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children under 3. Extra bed available on request. Charges may apply.
Pets: Pets (maximum weight: 50 pounds) are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundable $150 fee per stay on checkout.
Fees: A daily hospitality services fee of $25.00 per night (subject to tax) applies. includes: a bottle of select wine, two bottles of water, use of the resort’s spa and fitness center, basic internet access and in-room coffee. This fee will be added to the bill when checking out at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.