Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Why We Love It
- Tucked away on a quiet side street in the French Quarter
- Historic cottages housed the studio of pre-eminent bird painter John James Audubon
- Oodles of complimentary extras -- breakfast, welcome drink, Wi-Fi & bottled water
- A saltwater pool is tucked into one of the inner courtyards, said to be the oldest pool in New Orleans
"This French Quarter hotel has a lot of charm" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Located in buildings that date back to the early 19th century, the Dauphine Orleans Hotel still retains its period architecture and a rich history that’s uniquely New Orleans.
This part of the French Quarter is set a block away from Bourbon Street, with its nightlife and creole restaurants, but feels far removed from its hustle and bustle. "Guests tend to like the atmosphere a lot", says Frommer's, and Fodor's praises it for being a "secluded respite".
The buildings cluster around three quiet courtyards and a saltwater pool -- said to be the oldest in New Orleans. The breakfast room was actually where John James Audubon, the 19th-century naturalist and artist, painted his Birds of America series (and discovered several new species in the process), while he was staying in the self-catering Audubon Cottages.
The Main House guestrooms come with free Wi-Fi, daily bottled water and flat-screen TVs. Upgrade to a Premium Room for more space and a balcony overlooking Dauphine Street (Premium King rooms may not have a balcony but are more spacious).
This part of the city was a thriving red-light district in the late 1800s, and the hotel’s bar was once a popular bordello. Today, sip on a welcome drink while admiring historic portraits of the local madams, or browse the lending library. Refreshments and snacks are also served every day from 3-5pm.
- “Within walking distance of the action but removed enough to make it a secluded respite, this French Quarter hotel has a lot of charm” -- Fodor’s
- “It's just a block from the action on Bourbon Street, but you wouldn't know it if you were sitting in any of its three secluded courtyards. Guests tend to like the atmosphere a lot” -- Frommer’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible parking
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children ages 17 and under (max 2) stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). No extra bed available for adults or children and no cribs available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.