$98 – Eastbourne getaway with cream tea, was $211
Listen to the waves crash onto the shore, stroll along the pier and watch the boats on the horizon on an overnight stay at the Best Western Lansdowne Hotel in Eastbourne. This deal is $98, less than half the usual price, and includes:
- Accommodation in a Standard - Double room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Traditional cream tea (worth $12 per person; can be taken either day between 2:30-5pm)
- A 20cl bottle of prosecco to share (worth $14 per person; can be taken either day with the cream tea, between 2:30-5pm)
- It's $115 in a Standard - Double View room, which has sea views
- Two-night stays with daily breakfast, and cream tea and prosecco once per stay, start at $186
- Three-night stays with daily breakfast, and cream tea and prosecco once per stay, start at $275
Why We Love It
- The Best Western Lansdowne Hotel is less than 100 metres from Grand Parade Beach in Eastbourne
- This seaside retreat is less than 15 minutes' walk along the promenade to the pier and a 10-minute walk from the town centre
- You can take tea in one of several sea-facing lounges that boast original Victorial features
The Best Western Lansdowne Hotel is less than 100 metres from Eastbourne's Grand Parade Beach, within a 10-minute walk of the Congress Theatre, Devonshire Park Theatre and the Winter Garden, and less than 15 minutes' walk along the promenade from Eastbourne Pier.
There are a wealth of picturesque villages in the surrounding area, as well as numerous gardens, vineyards and historic homes to explore in East Sussex and neighbouring Kent.
The chalk cliffs of Beachy Head are a 10-minute drive away, Battle Abbey, built on the site of the Battle of Hastings, is 35 minutes from the hotel, and Brighton is 45 minutes' drive.
The hotel has been run by the same family since 1912. Facilities include the Devonshire Restaurant, which serves British classics, the Regency Bar and a selection of sea-facing lounges with original Victorian features, where afternoon tea is served.
Bedrooms are "attractively decorated", according to The AA, and Standard - Double View rooms have sea views . Dogs can stay in select rooms for an extra £10 per night (please request on booking). Wi-Fi is free.
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
There is no extra bed available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: £10 (inclusive of tax, per night).
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$98 / night
When You Can Go
Until 29 Mar
Getting ThereThe A22 is around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel and Eastbourne railway station is less than 10 minutes' drive away. Street parking is available 8am-6pm -- permits are available at reception for £1 per day. The hotel also has 22 garages at the rear for a nightly charge (please request on booking).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(291 Member Ratings)