$169 – Bournemouth escape with dinner & more, 56% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to Bournemouth's East Cliff, 10 minutes' walk from the beach, with an overnight stay at The Cumberland -- a boutique Art Deco hotel with panormaic sea views -- for $169. This deal saves up to 56% on the usual cost of an autumn getaway here.
- Overnight accommodation in a Comfort room, with full English breakfast, for two and a cream tea on arrival
- Bottle of wine on arrival (worth $37)
- 3-course set-menu dinner in The Mirabelle Restaurant (worth $37 per person)
- It's $305 for a 2-night stay with daily breakfast, cream tea and a bottle of wine on arrival, plus 3-course set-menu dinner on the first night
- Saturdays are an extra $56 and have a 2-night minimum stay
- Update (2:18pm, 18 September): This was originally published at $177 for a 1-night stay and $307 for a 2-night stay, with a saving of up to 54%. It is now $169 and $305 with a saving of up to 56%. The information on this page and booking calendar is now correct.
Why We Love This Hotel
- On East Cliff, it has panoramic views of the "glorious" (Lonely Planet) 7-mile sandy beach, which is 10 minutes' walk away
- This 4-star boutique-style property has an outdoor pool and an "elegant" (The AA) 2-AA-Rosette restaurant
- Bournemouth town centre for shops, restaurants and bars, is 20 minutes' walk away
- Lulworth Cove and Durdle's Door is less than an hour's drive away
Bournemouth's "glorious" (Lonely Planet) 7-mile sandy beach attracts the sun-seekers but its the "hip hideaways" and "great restaurants" that hook them. East Cliff, home to The Cumberland Hotel, is a great spot to enjoy this and "superb" panormic views of the bay.
The beach is less than 10 minutes' walk from the hotel, and the bustling town centre brimming with shops, a range of restaurants and bars 20 minutes' walk away.
Hengistbury Head, a headland, nature reserve and conservation area with views of Chistchurch harbour and Bournemouth, is around an hour and half's walk along the beach.
Sandbanks beach is less than 20 minutes' drive away and has views of Studland Nature Reserve and Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Poole is less than 25 minutes' drive from the hotel.
Old Harry Rocks, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door -- a natural rock formation on the Jurassic Coast -- are less than an hour from the hotel.
The 4-star boutique hotel has an "impressive" and "striking" (The AA) Art Deco design, while many bedrooms are "in keeping with the hotel's original character". It has two restaurants, the Mirabelle Restaurant and the 2-AA-Rosette-awarded, Ventana Grand Café.
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour security
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 2:30pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 56% off
$169 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(11 Member Ratings)