$258 – Kent: 'elegant' manor stay w/dinner & wine, save 34%
Save up to 34% on breaks at Chilston Park Hotel, an "elegant" (The AA) country house set in 22 acres of parkland. Overnight stays with dinner are now $258 and include:
- Accommodation in a Mews Classic Double room with an upgrade to a Mews Executive Double room (subject to availability on booking), with full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course set-menu dinner each (worth $68 per person)
- Bottle of sparkling wine (worth $69)
- You can stay in a Manor House Classic Double room for an extra $26 per night
Why We Love It
- This Grade I-listed 17th-century manor is set in 22 acres of parkland in Kent
- The hotel has been awarded four AA Red Stars for outstanding levels of hospitality, and its restaurant holds two AA Rosettes
- Leeds Castle and the city of Canterbury are both within 35 minutes' drive
- Inside the hotel, "an impressive collection of original paintings and antiques creates a unique environment" (The AA)
Chilston Park Hotel is a Grade I-listed manor house nestled in private parkland in Kent. With its "fragrant landscape of gentle hills, fertile farmland, cultivated country estates and fruit-laden orchards", Kent "isn't described as the garden of England for nothing", says Lonely Planet.
Canterbury, which "tops the charts for English cathedral cities" (Lonely Planet), is around 35 minutes' drive from the hotel. Explore the medieval city's narrow alleyways, riverside gardens and ancient city walls. The "fairy-tale stronghold" (Fodor's) of Leeds Castle -- a favourite home of many medieval English queens -- is just 10 minutes' drive away.
The Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a hotspot for walking, cycling and horse riding. It is home to Belmont House (open Apr-Sep) and its gardens (open year-round), which are 25 minutes' drive from the hotel. National Trust properties Ightham Mote and Knole House, as well as Lullingstone Castle, are within 45 minutes' drive.
This hotel is replete with antiques and traditional furnishings, and the restaurant, Culpeper's, holds two AA Rosettes. The AA says, "the kitchen deals in modern British cooking clearly rooted in the classics but with some inventive combinations".
Bedrooms are individually designed and are located in the coach house, stables, cottage and manor house. Wi-Fi is free.
- "Chilston Park brims with enough period authenticity, antiques and oil paintings that you might be inspired to dress as Jane Austen's Mr Darcy or Elizabeth Bennet for dinner" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2018
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Breakfast for children is:included. Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £15 per night for children aged 13 and over, and adults. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking.
Breakfast for adults is:included.
Infant's cot/crib or extra bed are available, free of charge, for children aged 12 and under.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £15 per night for children aged 13 and over, and adults. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking.
No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$258 / night
When You Can Go
Until 30 Apr; +$17 Sat
Getting ThereThe hotel is just off the M20. Lenham railway station is a 5-minute drive away, and runs a regular service to London Victoria. Gatwick Airport is an hour's drive from the hotel, and the Channel Tunnel is a 30-minute drive away. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(109 Member Ratings)