$225 & up – Bath break with champagne, lunch & more, was $372
Discover the Roman baths, browse the many shopping spots and pamper yourself at Thermae Bath Spa, before retreating to Bailbrook Lodge, 10 minutes' drive from Bath city centre. Overnight stays now start from $225, saving up to 39% on the usual price, and include:
- Accommodation in a Standard Double or Twin room, with full English breakfast, a glass of champagne and a pot of tea or coffee on arrival, for two
- A bottle of champagne in the room on arrival (worth $51 per person)
- A 3-course à la carte lunch with coffee at sister hotel the Royal Hotel Bath's Brasserie Brunel in the city centre (worth up to $63 per person)
- A bottle of wine with lunch (worth up to $38)
- Two-night stays, including all the above plus lunch on the second day at Brasserie Brunel, with a pre-meal glass of champagne and a bottle of wine with lunch, are $417 from October-January and $434 in September
- Superior Four Poster rooms are an extra $44 per night
- Friday and Saturday nights are an extra $35 per night (minimum 2-night stay)
- Please book your lunch in advance. Details are on the confirmation email
"Service is professional and efficient" -- The AA
Why We Love It
- Bailbrook Lodge holds four AA Gold Stars for excellent levels of hospitality and service
- This Grade II-listed Georgian guesthouse has extensive manicured gardens
- The property is less than 15 minutes' drive from city-centre attractions including Pulteney Bridge and the Roman Baths
Bailbrook Lodge is a Grade II-listed Georgian country house on the outskirts of Bath, "the grandest and most elegant" city in England, according to Condé Nast Traveller.
The property is less than 15 minutes' drive from attractions including Pulteney Bridge, the Roman Baths and The Royal Crescent, while Castle Combe Circuit is a 25-minute drive away and Bristol is 35 minutes by car.
The hotel has a bar and a lounge, where breakfast is served each morning. There are also restaurants 10 minutes' drive away in central Bath, including Brasserie Brunel at Royal Hotel Bath, Bailbrook Lodge's sister property. Other dining options include riverside pubs within 10 minutes' walk of the hotel.
Bailbrook Lodge holds four AA Gold Stars and is described by Lonely Planet as an "attractive period lodge with lots of thoughtful extras". Rooms are individually designed, and some have views of the property's pretty gardens and the Avon Valley beyond. Wi-Fi is free throughout. There is no lift but ground-floor rooms can be requested.
The hotel has free private parking. There is a bus stop less than a minute's walk from the property with a regular service into the city centre.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour security
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Internet access
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Standard Time is 10:30am. on weekdays and 11am on weekends.
on weekdays and 11am on weekends.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib and extra bed available on request and in Four Poster rooms only, and must be requested upon booking.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £5 per night for children aged 3 and under, £15 per night for children aged 4 to 11, £40 per night for older children and adults. This includes breakfast. Infant's cot/crib are available, free of charge, for children aged 2 and under.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy levels.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Please book your lunch by contacting The Royal Hotel (located in the city centre of Bath) directly on +44 1225 463134.
$225 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu 1 Oct, 2018-13 Jan, 2019; $242 1-30 Sep
Getting TherePrivate parking is free at the hotel. Bailbrook Lodge is just off the A4, 10 minutes' drive northeast of Bath. Bath Spa railway station, which has direct services to London and Bristol, is a 10-minute drive away.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(175 Member Ratings)