Harbor Court Hotel
Why We Love It
- This historic building perches on the water in front of a baywide panorama
- Two blocks from the artisanal culinary nexus of the Ferry Building
- On-property highlights include Fresh-baked evening cookies, complimentary daily wine hour and luxe Frette-dressed beds
- One mile from the Giant’s home at AT&T Park
- Head north along the waterfront to top tourist destination Pier 39 and get a seven-day attraction pass for $95 per adult and $70 per child
"Exemplary service" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
OverviewSan Francisco’s Embarcadero traces a long curve around some of the city’s most scenic bayfront, facing a panorama that stretches from the Bay Bridge past Alcatraz island. The Harbor Court Hotel stands almost right on the water’s edge there, in a stately brick landmarked building from 1926.
Like all Kimpton hotels, this one greets guests with a complimentary wine hour from 5-6pm moderated by the in-house sommelier, and then tucks them in with fresh-baked cookies and milk. They also serve morning coffee from local roaster Bicycle Coffee to help travelers get out of a bed draped in luxurious Frette linens. An alliance with the YMCA next door allows discounted access to that center’s 55,000 square feet of fitness facilities and swimming pool.
The hotel is about two blocks from the Ferry Building Marketplace, “a magnificent structure on the Embarcadero” according to Time, with “a fabulous farmers market on Tuesday and Saturday until 2pm, and no shortage of great places to eat.” All the darlings of the Bay Area culinary scene take up stalls in the market. Heath Ceramics bowls are spun together just across the bay in Sausalito before ending up for sale there. Wild mushrooms and truffles are harvested about two hours away before ending up there at Far West Funghi alongside pates and specialty cooking oils.
Guests also are only about three blocks south of Market Street, a thoroughfare that cuts diagonally across the city from the Financial District down to the stylish enclaves of the Castro and Mission districts. A street-level tram and underground metro system follow it down, also making it easy to reach Union Square’s shops. A ferry from the Ferry Building services Marin County across the bay, where wildlife refuges and peaceful beaches make their way up the coast.
- “Exemplary service and a friendly staff earn high marks for this cozy hotel” -- Fodor’s
- “Anyone who seeks stylish, high-quality accommodations -- half-canopy beds, large armoires, soundproof windows, and 27-inch LCD TVs -- with a superb view and lively scene will be perfectly content here” -- Frommer’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children 17 years old and younger stay free stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding on request. Cribs available on request free of charge. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundable fee of $100 + tax. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
An Amenity Fee of $26 (subject to tax) per night is additional and will be added to the total price at check-out. This fee includes i
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(17 Member Ratings)