Hôtel La Pérouse
Why We Love It
- An unusual, exclusive property, hidden on a hillside
- 10 minutes' walk from the Old Town
- Rooms were renovated in 2013 & some offer great sea views
- There's a heated outdoor pool & the beach is close by
"Commands peerless views of the bay" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewDescribed as "a secret treasure cut into the cliff" by Fodor's, La Perouse is a remarkable property, hidden within a hillside grove of lemon trees behind a terraced row -- guests enter through a small door off the coast road and are whisked up to the hotel via a lift. Once there, guests are pampered with superb service and uninterrupted sea views over the Baie des Anges from many a window.
The hotel has an exclusive air and is perfect for a quiet retreat, set 10 minutes' walk from the action on Nice’s Promenade des Anglais, and beside the 16th-century Tour Bellanda. Nearby sights include the Chagall and the Matisse museums (both within a 10-minute drive) and it's a 5-minute walk from the Cours Saleya for the daily flower market (or the weekly flea market on Mondays).
Back at the hotel, guests can relax by the outdoor pool (heated April-October) or the beach is just a short walk away, at the foot of the slopes. The romantically inclined can enjoy candle-lit dinners on the terrace at the on-site restaurant (from February-November), with fresh seafood and French classics, such as sea bass in a sauce vierge, duck fois gras, and beef in Provence red wine sauce with creamy risotto on the menu. There's also a Jacuzzi, sauna and a poolside bar.
The bedrooms -- all fully renovated in 2013 -- are fresh and bright, with a chic seaside theme to match the property's Mediterranean views. Some are on the smaller side, but every room comes with a terrace or balcony for afternoons in the sun. Half face the sea and it's worth upgrading to a sea-view room for stunning vistas over the bay.
- "One of my favourite Nice hotels" -- Frommer's
- "[The hotel] commands peerless views of the bay and the sun-kissed spires of Vieux Nice" -- Time Out
- "An excellent on-site restaurant serves meals year round in the candlelit garden" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 24 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 25 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 65.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 65 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property. This tax is adjusted seasonally and might not apply year round. Other exemptions or reductions might apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2.25 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.A seasonal tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property in cash: EUR 0.20 – EUR 3.40 per person, per night from October 1 - March 31 (low season); EUR 0.20 –EUR 4 per person, per night from April 1 - September 30 (high season). This amount has been determined by the local administration. For further details, please contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.