Design Hotel Plattenhof
Why We Love It
- A sleek, modern design hotel in Zurich's university district
- Great public transport links & an easy 15-minute walk to the city centre
- An on-site restaurant offering classic Italian food & contemporary art on the walls
- Low futon-style beds come highly recommended by guests
"Cool without being pretentious" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A small design hotel in Zurich's university district, the Hotel Plattenhof is proof of the city's younger, cooler side, but sticks to tradition when it comes to comfortable beds, a decent restaurant and easy access to the main attractions.
This is Switzerland so, yes, Zurich is clean, efficiently run and dotted with pretty churches, but it's far from dull. It's filled with shops, cafés and dozens of art galleries and museums -- from fine arts at the Kunsthaus to the Museum für Gestaltung (design) and the Beyer (a museum of that most Swiss of occupations, timekeeping). The hotel is around 15 minutes' walk from the city centre, so it's quiet without being remote. Cross the river to explore the Old Town, or (in summer, anyway) head to the lake to cool off at the public swimming areas.
Heading back to the hotel to eat? The restaurant, Sento, is open Monday-Friday for lunch and dinner, and offers Italian classics such as tomato and mozzarella salad, truffle ravioli and veal escalope with marsala -- plus ever-changing art exhibitions on the walls. In summer, you can eat al fresco on the garden terrace. For cocktails or coffee, there's also a bar-lounge area.
Rooms feature sleek, modern design and low futon-style beds -- guests rate these as comfortable, although they may not suit everyone. All 37 rooms offer free Wi-Fi, slippers, robes and hairdryers -- upgrade for rooms with a little extra space.
- "Cool without being pretentious" -- Lonely Planet
- 100% smoke-free
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Switzerland. This property is rated 3 stars.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: CHF 40 per person
- Airport shuttle fee per child: CHF 25.00 (up to 6 years old)
- Self parking fee: CHF 20.00 per day
- Nearby parking fee: CHF 20 per night
- Pet fee: CHF 30 per pet, per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 2.50 per person, per night
- Resort fee: CHF 2.50 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.